Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 356 Posts

· Registered
138 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Black
72,300 on my 2014 chieftain. I bought it jan 2015 new. Wasn't able to ride till March, do to having two broken legs on a previous motorcycle wreck in August .I had it delivered to my shop before I could ride again. That was a long 2 months to wait for riding my new indian. I ended up buying two collapsible canes to put in my saddle bags. Love my Indian

· Registered
138 Posts
I
You guys throwing milage of 60,000 plus would be nice to know what you’ve had to replace if anything other then tires and brakes fork oil brake fluid and a drive belt which I consider basic maintenance.
I had to replace my clutch around 50,000 miles to a Barnett clutch. I get on it to much not gonna lie. Other than that I'm way behind on my other maintenance other than oil changes. I do those myself using amsoil and filter and full synthetic every 5,000 miles. I'm at 73,000 miles right now. Still running strong. Also added stage 2 cams and Rinehart slip ons.

· Registered
138 Posts
You guys throwing milage of 60,000 plus would be nice to know what you’ve had to replace if anything other then tires and brakes fork oil brake fluid and a drive belt which I consider basic maintenance.
The only thing that I had to replace so far was my clutch around 50,000 miles. I ride it pretty aggressive so that's on me. I had it replaced with a Barnett clutch. There were a few cosmetic things I've fixed such as. The ignition button do to cheap chrome peeling off. Front fender with rust under the paint causing it to bubble up my second fender is doing the same thing. I just replaced my front tire and there was a bad vibration. It ended up being my front wheel bearings. Other than that all good. I'm at 78,000 miles now on my 2014 black chieftain. I also have been using amsoil filters and oil every 5,000 miles since I got the bike.

· Registered
138 Posts
I have a 2014 chieftain that I bought new 2015 Feb but wasn't able to ride until late March due to having two broken legs from a previous motorcycle accident. I have 30,700 miles as of today. View attachment 149121
I'm at 116,000 miles now, well about 40 miles or so.
I have no complaints on this great bike from Indian Motorcycle, it runs a lot better than I do!! View attachment 633478
that is so awesome to know I've still got plenty of miles to go. My 2014 chieftain is at 116,000. You are my inspiration

1 - 5 of 356 Posts