Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a lot of discussion of this on the board. Does installation come with the purchase? Do you has to buy it and then pay labor cost to have it installed?
thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know there is a lot of discussion of this on the board. Does installation come with the purchase? Do you has to buy it and then pay labor cost to have it installed?
thanks
More times than not you will have to pay additional labor costs for installation. Unless you are in good contact with a dealer who who include it. Air cleaner is an easy install though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
You pay additional labor. That being said, the hardest part of installing it is unbolting the fuel tank and lifting it up to get to some of the bolts, and the frame blocker. I used my rubber dead blow hammer head to support the tank while I was wrenching. Removal of stock and install of high-flow took all of an hour, IIRC.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Don't worry about installation, it's easy going.
I've got the Lloydz aircleaner, the one where the original cleaner cover stays on bike.
As Kitulu mentioned, a little bit more than 1 hour of work. Including remapping with a map that fits to the plus of air the engine gets now.
Try it, you wouldn't regret it!
Throttle response is smoother an acceleration is more accurate to grip twist!
Markus

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Don't worry about installation, it's easy going.
I've got the Lloydz aircleaner, the one where the original cleaner cover stays on bike.
As Kitulu mentioned, a little bit more than 1 hour of work. Including remapping with a map that fits to the plus of air the engine gets now.
Try it, you wouldn't regret it!
Throttle response is smoother an acceleration is more accurate to grip twist!
Markus
Not wanting to highjack this thread, but I’ve been considering the Lloyd’s with the stock air cleaner. How do you like it? What tune did you use?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not wanting to highjack this thread, but I’ve been considering the Lloyd’s with the stock air cleaner. How do you like it? What tune did you use?
I like it because with the Lloydz AC you can keep the stock cover which I really like. First I used a canned tune which I`ve got directly from Dynojet, USA.
It was for the Lloydz IMG-205 intake and I think Reinhardt Slip Ons.
Worked very well on the bike.

Never the less I went 4 weeks ago for a Dynojet run by a professional tuner.

It came out, that the canned tune is quit good, but the were some small adjustments to make which are only possible thru a live run.

Now power comes cleaner and earlier.

See it on attached file.

Blue line is canned tune, red line is live run.

Regards Markus

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts