Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spent the last 2 hours scouring the interweb for air cleaner options for my RM. I found the one made by Indian, a SS, and some other company I never heard of that looks ugly as hell. Also does anyone know if the Kurykyn one works on the RM? I'm thinking not but what do I know.

What's everyone using? I really rather not spend $500 for the Indian one.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
I have spent the last 2 hours scouring the interweb for air cleaner options for my RM. I found the one made by Indian, a SS, and some other company I never heard of that looks ugly as hell. Also does anyone know if the Kurykyn one works on the RM? I'm thinking not but what do I know.

Thunder Mfg makes several designs that will work on the RM

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

·
Registered
853 Posts
I bought a Wimmer, it is same size as the Indian hi flow one. It does not have the air scoop that the Indian does but I left the frame hole open and feel the added air flow will help. Also in hot weather I remove my lower fairings so it is not an issue. I think It was 300.00 but does not have a reflash card included so keep that in mind. It looks great on there but also as with all open element air cleaners you will hear it. It gives the bike that much desired "asthmatic running a marathon" sucking and wheezing sound until you crack it wide open then it just sounds like you need to hang on and smile while watching for patrol cars.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Im keeping my Vintage "Indian". Its costly for sure, but I feel that aftermarket parts with non-Indian logos detracts from the look. Im ok with no-logo parts, but those are in few supply as well.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I
I bought a Wimmer, it is same size as the Indian hi flow one. It does not have the air scoop that the Indian does but I left the frame hole open and feel the added air flow will help. Also in hot weather I remove my lower fairings so it is not an issue. I think It was 300.00 but does not have a reflash card included so keep that in mind. It looks great on there but also as with all open element air cleaners you will hear it. It gives the bike that much desired "asthmatic running a marathon" sucking and wheezing sound until you crack it wide open then it just sounds like you need to hang on and smile while watching for patrol cars.
put this on my vintage easy install never had it reflashed but I had the stage one already

·
Registered
78 Posts

1 - 19 of 19 Posts