Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the blinking headlight warning on my console (2014 Vintage). High beam was not working, but neither were the running lights.

I don't have a schematic, but I would have thought all would be on the same circuit and fuse. Also, the fuse box itself does not specifically list the lights.

Any help on that?

·
Registered
39 Posts
There is information out about this. You will most likely need a new VCM and connector. If you take off your seat, on top of the battery is the VCM. Unplug the middle connector and look at the pin on the lower corner (red wire) if it is black and burnt, take the bike to your dealer and they can get a warranty case started to get it all replaced.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
There is a recall on this for the 2014 models. If I recall correctly that is what you have, correct? Out of warranty otherwise I'm sure but the recall should get you fixed up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
There is a recall on this for the 2014 models. If I recall correctly that is what you have, correct? Out of warranty otherwise I'm sure but the recall should get you fixed up.
Correct- there is a recall. Bikes out of warranty are still covered as long as all of the correct conditions are met and submitted by your dealer

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, all. I had the dealer check the VIN when I brought the bike used and it did not show any open TSBs or recalls, but I'll ask again.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Thanks, all. I had the dealer check the VIN when I brought the bike used and it did not show any open TSBs or recalls, but I'll ask again.
Some dealers are lazy and don't look too hard or know until they are informed by a owner that has the info from this great forum. I would insist they check and if they can't find it ,get them to call their Polaris rep or Polaris their self to confirm it. I get annoyed when a dealership is to lazy or not willing to get off their butt and look for it in the system. I wish you well and know you will get it fixed free.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some dealers are lazy and don't look too hard or know until they are informed by a owner that has the info from this great forum. I would insist they check and if they can't find it ,get them to call their Polaris rep or Polaris their self to confirm it. I get annoyed when a dealership is to lazy or not willing to get off their butt and look for it in the system. I wish you well and know you will get it fixed free.
True in some cases. My dealer (Indian of northern Kentucky)? Service manager Mike is great. It could simply be that the running lights were working Ruth I came by.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
True in some cases. My dealer (Indian of northern Kentucky)? Service manager Mike is great. It could simply be that the running lights were working Ruth I came by.
I have friends that use to bring the Cincinnati junior rings here each year and tour Australia with the kids. I was one of the coach drivers that looked after them each year under Professor Gerry Done. I miss doing that as they were so good and very talented you people. Gerry1s site was a driving / riding instructor on the highway patrol in Pennsylvania if I remember correctly, she also had a lot to do with your DARE program there in the USA .Nice people, I miss them .

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would insist that they look for the forward lighting recall. It may not show when searched for by your VIN specifically, but you should still be covered. (Recall: ISA-19-02-A/B)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Good Luck.
I put in a claim through my dealer back in July, the part is back ordered to the end of September. I have NO headlight and NO running lights. Glad I don't live in a headlight mandatory state!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I talked with the service ice manager at my dealer. He was already all over this. He had checked the terminal on the VCM and it was not corroded or burned. He said to keep an eye on it and if it happens again he will replace it. He doesn't miss much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts