Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody found the hidden screwdriver in the back fender? While putting the license plate on I found a 90 degree screwdriver in the fender. I'm sure it's in the manual, but when you ask yourself (in San Diego) read manual or ride. I know what I'm goin to do. Speaking of license plate frames. Does anyone know where to get the best license frame? I've ordered one (internet) that has 2 indian warbonnet chiefs facing opposite. Haven't got it yet so I can't comment.

Any way, HAPPY RIDING

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
I'll have to check that out. I want to remove the little reflectors from the edge of the license plate holder and a right angle screwdriver would fit the bill. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Aha! Awesome, didn't know they would hide tools on the bike. Anything else?

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Has anybody found the hidden screwdriver in the back fender? While putting the license plate on I found a 90 degree screwdriver in the fender. I'm sure it's in the manual, but when you ask yourself (in San Diego) read manual or ride. I know what I'm goin to do. Speaking of license plate frames. Does anyone know where to get the best license frame? I've ordered one (internet) that has 2 indian warbonnet chiefs facing opposite. Haven't got it yet so I can't comment.

Any way, HAPPY RIDING

Exactly where did you find it and how was it attached.

I have looked far and wide for mine, but I was told it was a 4mm 90 degree Allen wrench?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts

Any way, HAPPY RIDING
Found it yesterday but not sure what good it is. Got my frame (smooth black Arlin Ness), wanted to keep it simple. Just brought my bike in for the 500 to San Diego Ind.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

Any way, HAPPY RIDING
Yes it is an allen wrench/screw driver combo deal. The allen part fits the fender bolts

·
Registered
435 Posts
What is the black thing at the bottom of the picture?

What tool bag? LOL!
Buck is correct, it is the spanner wrench used to remove the oil dipstick. It is also a beer cap opener. It has all the initials of the guys involved in the process of manufacturing delivering the first 2014 Indian on the market. And yes it comes in that small tool bag with the owner kit.
20150124_093931.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Buck is correct, it is the spanner wrench used to remove the oil dipstick. It is also a beer cap opener. It has all the initials of the guys involved in the process of manufacturing delivering the first 2014 Indian on the market. And yes it comes in that small tool bag with the owner kit.
View attachment 5508
That's cool :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
View attachment 5508
I've never looked at the back side of the wrench, guess I'll have to put my glasses on and check that out,

·
Registered
303 Posts
...Speaking of license plate frames. Does anyone know where to get the best license frame? I've ordered one (internet) that has 2 indian warbonnet chiefs facing opposite. Haven't got it yet so I can't comment.
I think I have that same frame. It is really quite nice for the money. I had to modify mine because the warbonnets covered most of my plate digits. I am very pleased with the result.

If you want a nicer frame...(COO: US) CI-2010 Billet License Plate Frame - America's First

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts

Any way, HAPPY RIDING
uh,,,, you found the one and only tool the bike comes with,,,,,,,it is actually NOT a right angle screwdriver,,,,it is a phillips head at one end,,,and a allen wrench at the other [6 mm] ,,which is the "angled " part.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts