Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the Chieftan and RoadMaster have cigarette lighters for power ports. However, the Classic and Vintage do not. So, I was checking out my bike the other day trying to decide what I was going to do for power for charging my phone, when I found a Battery Tender style connector hidden in the forks. So, I ordered a Battery Tender thingy that converts to a USB connector. I've attached some pictures here.
download_20141213_151547.jpeg IMG_20141213_100103612_HDR.jpg IMG_20141213_154018172.jpg

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope - it's just hanging there. My guess is that it's there to hook a Battery Tender to when you store it for extended periods of time. But, since it's connected straight to the battery, it works great for charging my phone. :)

·
Registered
610 Posts
I know that the Chieftan and RoadMaster have cigarette lighters for power ports. However, the Classic and Vintage do not. So, I was checking out my bike the other day trying to decide what I was going to do for power for charging my phone, when I found a Battery Tender style connector hidden in the forks. So, I ordered a Battery Tender thingy that converts to a USB connector. I've attached some pictures here.
View attachment 3970 View attachment 3971 View attachment 3972
How much did the Battery Tender USB connector cost? I paid Indians $59.99 for the 12v accessory power kit that plugs into a spare outlet between the front forks.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
View attachment 3970 View attachment 3971 View attachment 3972
Cool find :)

Reactions: Flat Tire Fred

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Outstanding, I found the port under the left side cover and have my battery tender hooked to it. This will be much easier to get to. I bought a device that hooks into the same port (made by battery tender), it has a long cord and a 12 volt plug I plan to mount to the saddle bag crash bar. Cost $11.75

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much did the Battery Tender USB connector cost? I paid Indians $59.99 for the 12v accessory power kit that plugs into a spare outlet between the front forks.
It was about $10 on eBay: Battery Tender Quick Disconnect Plug Motorcycle USB Adapater 2 1 Amp 081 0158 | eBay

That USB port is probably for the mechanical wrench (diagnostics) that Polaris uses.
The USB port is something I added (link right here above) for charging my phone. It plugs into the Battery Tender port "hidden" between the forks.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Is that in addition to the one under the seat? Mine came with one there. I also have the battery tender usb piece too. Got mine from Amazon.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Anyone else find it? My 14 Classic doesn't have one... At least I couldn't find it.....

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is that in addition to the one under the seat?
Yes - the one I found is inbetween the forks, behind the main headlight.

Hi Bluey I have checked my bike up under the left cowling no battery tender is there one on yours??
Anyone else find it? My 14 Classic doesn't have one... At least I couldn't find it.....
Hmmmm... That would be weird if I've got one but you guys don't. Did you look at the picture I posted above in post #1? That's where I found mine...

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
I found one under the left side panel at the front of the seat that I'm using with a Battery Tender Jr. when I'm away for longer periods of time. I'll check for one at the forks. That'd be nice to charge iPhones or GoPro Cameras.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've looked twice at the inside of my forks and cannot find a battery tender plug. Will look again. Mine is a 14 Vintage. Would be handy to have.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've looked twice at the inside of my forks and cannot find a battery tender plug. Will look again. Mine is a 14 Vintage. Would be handy to have.
Yeah, I checked too. I just have the one under the seat. However, for those of you wanting to charge phones or whatever Wal-mart sells usb to I phone cables of varying lengths. I bought a 6ft one I think and routed it under the tank and up through the hole in the bottom of my windshield bag.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts