Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but search isn’t helping..

1: I’m ready to get headers. I’m torn between the x-Pipe from Indian motorcycles of libertyville and the True headers from Freedom performance. I was leaning towards the x-Pipe but I had some questions. When I get my PV3 tuner Im sure there are tunes for the FP headers. But are there also tunes for the x-Pipe cuz it’s not so popular? That had me worried I can’t get tunes for the x-Pipe. Or are header tunes not that important. I just don’t know!! What do you guys recommend!!!

2: I also wanna get the loud pipes with performance. Should I get the TAB pipes with zombies or something else? I like the rush war horse mainly because I like their two tone tips. Just want loudest and best

Im sorry. If it’s beating a dead horse. Just don’t have extra money to try all the choices. Only wanna buy once. I KNOW ITS ALL OPINIONS. BUT I WANT YOUR OPINIONS..thanks in advance and bike in question is 18 Chieftain limited

·
Bronze member
3,652 Posts
The X pipe from Fuel Moto has tunes for it since FM did all the tuning on it.

If you are looking for max performance: The stock pipes with the tabs punched out out perform and aftermarket pipes period. The stock Indian exhausts system is pretty much the best you can get. Doing the X pipe will get you maybe a 1-3 HP increase.

Aftermarket pipes on the 111 are more purchased based on look and sound.

Here are some dyno runs with several pipe and X pipe combo's.

Dyno Charts - Fuel Moto University

Rinehart's have a great sound that is mean and throaty, but at cruise is quiet.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have an x pipe and Rineharts....can 100% agree with @Baron58 that they sound mean as hell, especially with ST2, but at cruise are just a deep rumble. And to add...when I got the x-pipe, I emailed @CraigB1960 and asked about whether or not needed a new tune. He said no, was very similar to a de-catted headpipe. Not enough to change is the gist of what I got.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks brother. But the x-Pipe I’m referring too is the IPS X PIPE not the jackpot exhaust from fuel moto... are there tunes for the IPS headers with aftermarket pipes??

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an x pipe and Rineharts....can 100% agree with @Baron58 that they sound mean as hell, especially with ST2, but at cruise are just a deep rumble. And to add...when I got the x-pipe, I emailed @CraigB1960 and asked about whether or not needed a new tune. He said no, was very similar to a de-catted headpipe. Not enough to change is the gist of what I got.

And thanks ndnjack. I think your talking about the IPS header pipe as well. I messaged Craig B a while back with no response. Maybe he is busy

·
Rider
826 Posts
I have the x-pipe from Libertyville. Also have their Andrews cams and PV3 with Libertyville’s custom tune. Couldn’t be happier with power and performance. But to answer your question, I would think the tune from FM for their Jackpot header would be ok for the x-pipe. Just my non-professional opinion.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. You are awesome. I love what I hear from the Libertyville x pipe. I didn’t know they offered tunes as well. That’s awesome. I’m gonna order those for sure now. Now tell me about the mufflers . Are the tab with zombies good

·
Rider
826 Posts
I have Freedom Performance 4” Sharktail mufflers. Sound great. I’ve read the Tab with Zombie baffles are great also. If you contact Libertyville, talk to Todd Gaines. He will steer you in the right direction.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Freedom Performance True Dual Headers here with 4” Rinehart and Indian high flow AC. I have a PV3 and running a tune from FM. I like my setup. Sounds good, runs strong, no popping. A lot less heat. Issue free so far with 1,000 miles post install.

·
Silver member
4,572 Posts
Thanks brother. But the x-Pipe I’m referring too is the IPS X PIPE not the jackpot exhaust from fuel moto... are there tunes for the IPS headers with aftermarket pipes??
Do not need another tune. Stock Cat or de-cat, x-pipe, Jackpot, and Rhinehart slim dual all would use the same canned tune. The ECU will correct just fine.

·
Silver member
4,572 Posts
And thanks ndnjack. I think your talking about the IPS header pipe as well. I messaged Craig B a while back with no response. Maybe he is busy
I never got the message.

Edit, I checked my profile page and found the message you left. Just for info, that is not how you message on the board and I never look at my profile page. It is confusing for sure, but you have to start a conversation with the person you wish to message. They are then notified. With profile messages they are public and user is not notified by email. At least that is my understanding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts