Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Rider
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fairing is the Memphis Shades, purchased from West End Motorsports, as a kit.

The top of my knuckles are even with the edge of the fairing. The only problem is the mirrors sticking up in space.

Bar end mirrors are not an option, as they don't look right (to me) with a fairing.

The fairing itself blocks the wind pretty well. The 5" and the 6 1/2" windshields are too low

There is a 9" now available that should end all buffeting.

Overall, even at 100 mph, she's still steady. The Amplifier and speaker is from Hog Tunes, model MSA-1

This fairing can come off in 30 seconds. I'm pretty happy with everything
IMG_1693.JPG
IMG_1694.JPG IMG_1693.JPG

Attachments

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Don't count on the taller windshield ending the buffeting. When I had a Scout with the tall stock shield, the only thing that controlled the buffeting was lowers. The fuller fairing will have a different wind flow, but the buffeting comes more from up beside the tank than over the top of the shield.

·
Rider
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bag is from Viking Bags. Came in black originally. It took 4 cans of dye from the local paint store to get it tan.

To reinie: The complete fairing kit (fairing, brackets and hardware, turn signal re-locators and headlight riser) was $591.00

·
Bronze member
1,910 Posts
I like the MS fairing. However $591 seems like more of the high end of what they normally sell for. But if you had it painted then that would be an average price.

Enjoy it

·
Registered
9 Posts
My fairing is the Memphis Shades, purchased from West End Motorsports, as a kit.

The top of my knuckles are even with the edge of the fairing. The only problem is the mirrors sticking up in space.

Bar end mirrors are not an option, as they don't look right (to me) with a fairing.

The fairing itself blocks the wind pretty well. The 5" and the 6 1/2" windshields are too low

There is a 9" now available that should end all buffeting.

Overall, even at 100 mph, she's still steady. The Amplifier and speaker is from Hog Tunes, model MSA-1

This fairing can come off in 30 seconds. I'm pretty happy with everything View attachment 573371 View attachment 573372 View attachment 573371
Oh Boy! I gotta get a fairing for my ride ...nice

·
Registered
489 Posts
Don't count on the taller windshield ending the buffeting. When I had a Scout with the tall stock shield, the only thing that controlled the buffeting was lowers. The fuller fairing will have a different wind flow, but the buffeting comes more from up beside the tank than over the top of the shield.
If you do get buffeting from below I believe the holes are there already in the fairing for the Memphis Shades (HD) lower deflectors.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The Memphis Shade Batwing Fairing on the Scout IMHO looks better than the Indian Scout Fairing, ZERO buffeting on any bike I have used it on.
(My Suzuki M50 with a Batwing)

·
Registered
274 Posts
They all look great. And here's mine in Indian Red. I too have found the 6.5 inch recurve windscreen to be inadequate. I'll be ordering the 9 inch next time Memphis Shades puts them on sale.
thumbnail_IMG_6615.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts