Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In what for me is a very surprising move, Henry Wiles has decided to join RMR racing Honda and move to the Singles class for 2020. On the one hand, I understand since he was a privateer and potentially hadn't generated any interest from one of the teams, but there have only been a few Super Twins Teams announced at this point - H-D, Estenson, Nila Racing and Roof Systems. We all know that Indian will have a team or two, but there hasn't been any official announcements as of yet.

The twins riders that apparently are still without a team at this point, is a pretty impressive list:
Sammy Halbert
Brandon Robinson
Jeffrey Carver
Jake Johnson
Davis Fisher
Robert Pearson

All six of these riders were in the top 11 in the points standings last year. While the addition of Gauthier and Bromley, coupled with JD Beach and Kolby Carlisle as a full time riders, there have been some great additions. However, there are still some good riders that are apparently without seats at this point!

·
Bronze Member
1,657 Posts
The impending rule change regarding the number of open spots available for Super Twins this year, has everyone scrambling. (team owners, sponsors, racers, mechanics, etc.) They are entering into uncharted waters here. Before it's all said and done, we may see some former rival team owners that sponsored one or two riders now partnering with each other to field Super Twins team.

Negotiations are still ongoing and many may not be fully hammered out until after the first of the year.

·
Bronze member
3,352 Posts
it's going about how I expected it... promise of more money, but it costs a lot more to race... this is really resembling NASCAR we'll have to see how it shakes out I guess... in Wiles case it's funny he didn't go to the factory twins... maybe with less races it doesn't pay as much I don't know...

·
Bronze member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's going about how I expected it... promise of more money, but it costs a lot more to race... this is really resembling NASCAR we'll have to see how it shakes out I guess... in Wiles case it's funny he didn't go to the factory twins... maybe with less races it doesn't pay as much I don't know...
Not sure about the pay, but the singles and super twins are running the exact same number of races at 19. The Super Twins get back to back at Springfield while the Singles get the TT, and at the NY short track, the Twins go once while the singles go Friday and Saturday.

Regardless, I am sure a lot of Singles riders are a little dismayed by having to race Hammerin' Hank on tope of all the other great singles riders.

·
Bronze member
3,352 Posts
not the super twins... the factory twins is what I meant... they only run the 1/2 and 1 mile tracks..

·
Bronze member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, one of the unsigned riders has been snatched up. Davis Fisher will be in the Super Twins with Briggs Auto racing. The announcement did not say if there would be an additional rider on the team, or what kind of bike they would ride. Fisher has been on the FTR for the last two sesaons, but that may not mean much.

·
Bronze Member
1,657 Posts
Jeffrey Carver now has a ride for 2019.

(copied from his FB page)

One door closes and another one opens. I haven’t said much about the upcoming season because there’s been a lot of changes.

With 2020 just around the corner, I’m excited to pursue this new year with a new group.

This year I will be managing my own team.
We are in the early stages of putting together this program, but I am happy to announce that I will be teaming up with Bryan Bigelow Racing Who will be the head tuner and by his side KullyCo Products , running the fabrication.

The next piece of the puzzle I’m very happy to say I’ll be riding James Monaco’s Indian.
At this time we are going Wild Card racing in the SuperTwins class and trying to raise funds to do a full season as a team.
Seems as if I always love a challange. So if your interested in being apart of the team and wanna go heads up against the big money teams and factory teams, shoot me a email at [email protected]
HAPPY TRAILS

·
Bronze member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another rider has joined a team -

Sammy Halbert will join Nila/Coolbeth racing and compete on an FTR 750 this year.

I guess we will now see if his results the last two years were a result of poor equipment or if he just doesn't have it anymore.

That leaves Brandon Robinson, Jake Johnson and Robert Pearson as the only remaining Super Twins riders that haven't announced a team.

FWIW, the factory Indian team still hasn't announced anything either...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts