Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I was talking to one of my good ol' mates who happens to be working for Polaris in Dubai. His manager wants him to work on customizing a Scout. I offered to help (since I love to work on bikes, and I love the scout, and I wanna help a friend out!). Any ideas and images would be welcome! What we know so far is:

1- The bike will be sold. So no major modifications (e.g. frame chopping or any structural modifications) will be done.
2- The budget is limited, but we do not have numbers yet.
3- The final form is totally free. No limits on creativity, just the fact that it will have to be sellable and should appeal to potential scout buyers.
4- Paint can change (retaining the factory paint is not an issue).

Aaaaaaaaand GO!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Hey guys,

So I was talking to one of my good ol' mates who happens to be working for Polaris in Dubai. His manager wants him to work on customizing a Scout. I offered to help (since I love to work on bikes, and I love the scout, and I wanna help a friend out!). Any ideas and images would be welcome! What we know so far is:

1- The bike will be sold. So no major modifications (e.g. frame chopping or any structural modifications) will be done.
2- The budget is limited, but we do not have numbers yet.
3- The final form is totally free. No limits on creativity, just the fact that it will have to be sellable and should appeal to potential scout buyers.
4- Paint can change (retaining the factory paint is not an issue).

Aaaaaaaaand GO!
If you can, get a set of rear shocks from @DarkScout, get an OEM windshield frame and add a Freedom windshield replacement screen.

·
Registered
239 Posts
LED Lights all around, being seen and able to see is a good safe start. Then maybe Tyres as mentioned by almost everyone.

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,649 Posts
Suspension, tires, pin stripping, puts some special bling on the removable covers. LED lights all around if the money is still there.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,808 Posts
If you want something totally different than what has already been done, then take that Scout and make it a touring bike. With batwing or one of the numerous other full faired windshields with radio. Add saddlebags and matching tote case. There is aftermarket stuff to do just that and I've yet to see one completely done like that. Parts of it yes but nothing complete. Paint to bring it all together. IT WILL SELL.

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,649 Posts
Bassani 2:1's in Black ..

@JayFL459 is this your baby? After lots of back and forth I have decided to go with the Bassani 2 into 1's - I want to learn everything I can and should do to get the most out of this upgrade - any info would be greatly appreciated - before I send them my money. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts