Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my code after purchasing a Challenger. I then gave my referral code to a new purchaser. When they entered my code on the referral page, they received a message that my code had already been used twice? Yet, I've never given it out prior?

Anyone have a clue?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interestingly enough, Indian replied, via email, that my referral code was used twice in two different States yet I have never given out my code.

I'm now checking that they are sending me my certificates that i can redeem if that is the case. I sense some shenanigans going on! lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Final email from Indian indicates my code was definitely used twice on a specific date that Indian supplied. They advised they are sending me out both coupon cards sometime around the end of May.

Congrats on your new bike to whomever I may have referred!! lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Word from Polaris is someone is/was going around trying to use multiple codes so one of my codes was rejected. Thanks a-hole!!

"Thank you for contacting Indian Motorcycles. I touched base with my colleague who runs the referral program and he relayed the following to me. "I sent 1 of his cards out last Friday…his 2nd code was used by a gentleman that has submitted his VIN many times under multiple referrals…that card will not be sent… So, he has 1 card on the way…guessing it will take a week or two since going into Canada"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Further to this. I can attest that I am having the same problem. This is the issue when people post their codes online and misunderstand the program this happens
Based on my on-going exchanges with Polaris one of my codes was blocked. When that happens the other party gets blocked as well. Apparently there has been a lot fraudulent activity, as such their system it is not smart enough to recognize the code was used already and it simply blocks the code of both parties. That is a terrible practice and it is leaving innocent people high and dry.
Truthfully this program is a really nice privilege and some people are abusing it.
I am still fighting them as they told me they may find a solution at the end of the month but I doubt they will go back and fix the codes that were already blocked.

·
Bronze member
1,951 Posts
One of my codes was blocked because it was redeemed by someone who purchased his bike in December although he didn’t take possession of it until February. I lost the ability to redeem that code twice, I only received one redemption on that code.

·
Registered
313 Posts
im dealing with the same thing but i never put my code online i gave one code to a good friend he got his $250 gift card i did not then my nephew bought a new bike in july and i gave him the code. i never posted mine online or anything still waiting to hear what is up with it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Indian offered a solution for the blocked referral code - I need to provide the name of the person, address and VIN # and they will issue a voucher to both parties. - I read this as in the second party will not have to take action on their end and enter my code.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts