Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rattle in the rear of my 14 Chieftain, 2500 miles, only after I ride about an hour, and only when I decel, cant really tell which side but it is in the back. I took off the bags and it didnt change. Stop and it goes away for a few minutes then comes back and stays rattling till you stop again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hello I also have the chieftain and cant say I have the rattle but I did have a rattle on my old street glide and it was the license plate bracket . it drove me nuts it took a very long time to locate it but I did. I had a loud rap slap noise from the Indian at around 75 miles coming from the center of the bike. had to brig back to dealer and it had a loose belt. They fixed and now have no noise

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was getting a lot of noise from my front brake caliper fender covers
and also from the air in my suspension from being too low, once those things fixed, I've been pretty noise free

·
Registered
355 Posts
and I have a intermittent high frequency rattle from somewhere near the left speaker on my Chiefain, but it is not the speaker, sounds similar to a loose speedo cable I once had on another bike, anybody have any ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts