Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
used RC first time yesterday. Long ride, made map with multiple way points. #1 system treats each waypoint as a destination, as you pass it, system recalculates for next waypoint as a new destination--is that normal?
#2 I deviated from my planned course during the ride by going around one of the waypoints. system kept wanting to reroute me back to that waypoint. it made trying to stay on the planned course very confusing.
perhaps I need to generate the trip differently? I entered the waypoints on the map one at a time in the sequence I wanted for the trip. would it be better to simply enter start and end points, then modify what the map comes up with?
all in all though, a whole lot better than the S.O. reading a map and yelling directions at me! :)

·
Bronze member
2,206 Posts
Not sure what version of RC/bike you have but on my updated RC-17 Chieftain it would ask me if I wanted to ignore the last way point. Not sure of the exact wording it said. I just chose ignore and it went to the next way point. If I got detoured and went off the designated course, then yes it would try to get me back on course asap.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
It sounds like your Ride Command is not updated to the current version, or you did not enter the waypoints correctly when you made the route.

·
Bronze member
2,632 Posts
The way I’ve always done it is to start by entering a start and ending location. RC will route you the quickest way between those two points. I then use as few waypoints as possible to move the route to the roads I want to ride. Yes, if you miss a waypoint, RC will try to route you back to the missed waypoint. However, RC should ask if you want to skip that waypoint...but I don’t know if it does...my Garmin will ask. Also, when establishing waypoints as you build the route, make sure you’re dropping them on the road you want to ride on. If you’re zoomed out too far, it may look like you dropped the waypoint on the road, but when zoomed in, it’s actually on a side street...if this happens, RC will try to turn you around to hit that missed waypoint.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
The way I’ve always done it is to start by entering a start and ending location. RC will route you the quickest way between those two points. I then use as few waypoints as possible to move the route to the roads I want to ride. Yes, if you miss a waypoint, RC will try to route you back to the missed waypoint. However, RC should ask if you want to skip that waypoint...but I don’t know if it does...my Garmin will ask. Also, when establishing waypoints as you build the route, make sure you’re dropping them on the road you want to ride on. If you’re zoomed out too far, it may look like you dropped the waypoint on the road, but when zoomed in, it’s actually on a side street...if this happens, RC will try to turn you around to hit that missed waypoint.
It asks if you want to skip, if it is updated to the latest version. When I make a route on the computer, I use waypoints to make sure I am taking the route that I want instead of, say, getting routed through downtown Nueremberg.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Demolition Man
1 - 5 of 5 Posts