Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a chassis fault light, pulled up the error code (520320, 4) which translates to brake light shorted to ground. Checked and sure enough brake light is not coming on.

Question is, are there any easy things I can check to fix it or should I just take it to the dealership. There's only 770ish miles so well in warranty period. On the other hand it's more than an hours ride to the nearest dealership which seems a bit to go without brake lights (and if it's something I can do I prefer doing it myself anyways).

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'd take it to the dealership to ensure Indian is aware of the problem(seems you not the only one to have experienced this) and that you get a proper fix...... maybe.

Paul

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,354 Posts
Look under the bike for a broken/shorted wire. There is a ground wire to the brake lights under there somewhere. Had a similar error (brake light sensor error) and it turned out to be a ground wire along the bottom. Can't hurt to look

EDIT: Nevermind. Didn't realize this was a scout not a Chief.

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,649 Posts
Got a chassis fault light, pulled up the error code (520320, 4) which translates to brake light shorted to ground. Checked and sure enough brake light is not coming on.

Question is, are there any easy things I can check to fix it or should I just take it to the dealership. There's only 770ish miles so well in warranty period. On the other hand it's more than an hours ride to the nearest dealership which seems a bit to go without brake lights (and if it's something I can do I prefer doing it myself anyways).
some bikes (scouts) have a problem where the wiring harness in the rear wheel well comes loose and rubs on the tire - thus the short. Have a look, warranty issue. @displacedTxn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts