Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put Kst Apache bars on my 2014 cheiftain. Now my check engine light is on and my throttle isn't working. Any ideas? SPN 5605. FMI 31 are the codes that showed up.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Throttle is controlled by a motor behind your air cleaner. That's where I would start. Check to see that you are getting a signal through your wires to the throttle motor.

·
Founding member
1,023 Posts
So if you recently installed the bars, have you ridden since? It would seem to me that something simply is unplugged. If you have ridden, could be you didn't have something connected completely and it has worked loose. I'd definitely start with the bars..

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Throttle is controlled by a motor behind your air cleaner. That's where I would start. Check to see that you are getting a signal through your wires to the throttle motor.
You just had the bars changed, this messes with all your connections up there. Remove and check those wiring harnesses and connections. I believe the protocol is to check all connections and wiring harnesses, analyze what the error codes are saying, run Digital Wrench diagnostics. You probably could not easily interpret what the problem is from either end because everything goes through your ECM computer. In my shop I would simply plug in a known good throttle control and go from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts