Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I live in the Windy City and the wind just dropped my bike couple of hours ago. Break handle tip broke and right side mirror as well. Need to mentioned this is my first bike Amd new to riding as well. So I’m kind of confused and what works and doesn’t as far as fit. So I started looking for replacement mirrors and levers (Google searches) and options are so confusing needles to say that scout parts aren’t necessarily universal, what fits the scout twenty doest fit the regular scout, and what fits the regular scout doesn’t fit the bobber and so on... I even saw just now a handle bar in the actual Indian website which fits the scout bobber sixty but doesn’t fit the scout bobber sixty with ABS. So my question is what exactly am I looking for or where can I look for parts. I don necessarily want to replace them with OEM parts. I would if someone here has sets aren’t using anymore for a good price. But if I’m going to pay full price I probably want to upgrade.
thank you everyone in advance for your help and input.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The difference with models with ABS and those without has to do with the brake lines and the routing. So if it is connected to brakes in any way, it may be different.

I am kind of new to the Scouts too, but I believe if it fits a Bobber without ABS then it will fit a Bobber 60. Differences include transmission and some chrome as well as the ABS. Same with a Scout and Scout 60. The Bobber 20 is kinda an animal of its on in a lot of stuff as wheels, seats, bars and maybe a few other things that set it apart. What i am saying is your lever and mirror should all interchange. Of course my Bobber has bar end mirrors but a lot of guys change them over to standard mount mirrors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The difference with models with ABS and those without has to do with the brake lines and the routing. So if it is connected to brakes in any way, it may be different.

I am kind of new to the Scouts too, but I believe if it fits a Bobber without ABS then it will fit a Bobber 60. Differences include transmission and some chrome as well as the ABS. Same with a Scout and Scout 60. The Bobber 20 is kinda an animal of its on in a lot of stuff as wheels, seats, bars and maybe a few other things that set it apart. What i am saying is your lever and mirror should all interchange. Of course my Bobber has bar end mirrors but a lot of guys change them over to standard mount mirrors.
Awesome thanks. After looking around some more I decided I’m going to replace the regular mirrors with handlebar end ones, do you know the actual I.D.? I have looked everywhere and can’t find any info. I know O.D is 7/8, my next step would be to cut the grip end and measure....

·
Registered
185 Posts
Joker Machine makes some nice aftermarket mirrors, but not especially cheap. I put a set on my Vrod back in the day. The bars are 7/8 inch and that is really all you need to know. The OEM are top quality IMHO. But if they are anything like all other Polaris parts, they will not be cheap either. You may find a member here who has a set taken off when they replaces their bars. Or maybe eBay???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts