Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You haven't seen me on here for a few months.

Several months ago, I was cruising down interstate and had to pull over...my eyes went completely crossed...could not focus. Luckily I was at an exit, called a friend and he trailered me home. I noticed in the past a slight numbness here and there on one side of my body but it soon diminished. Well, long story short, I have a form of MS...one that doesn't consistently leave me incapacitated....and thus I need to sell the best bike I've ever owned, my Black 2015 Chieftain. I know I'll take a beating but it is up for sale and will consider any reasonable offer.

The bike has rear passenger removable back rest, rear passenger foot boards and Pathfinder LED headlight and driving lights and a few miscellaneous things like drink holder...all accessories are Indian and were bought and installed at Indian dealership as well as all oil change/mantainence....oh...approximately 6,000 miles.

Please pass this on if you know of anyone who may be interested. I live on the MS Gulf Coast and will consider delivering to any reasonable distance.

What ever happens, I couldn't have ended my biking career on a better bike.

If you'd rather talk directly, PM with your phone number, and we'll talk. Thanks for passing this on to someone who may be interested.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Truly sad. Hope the best for you down the road. Sounds like you're doing your best to look at the bright side and for that you deserve great praise.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to hear about the diagnosis @JNB, I'll copy/move this thread to the Indian motorcycles for sale area, may get some more exposure there too!!

Thank you...actually that was my intent but couldn't figure out how to do it...thanks again.

·
Founding member
507 Posts
So very sorry to hear about your illness. What a crushing blow. Best of luck to you and may God bless you and your family.

Reactions: JNB

·
Super Moderator
4,805 Posts
Thank you...actually that was my intent but couldn't figure out how to do it...thanks again.
No worries, it'll be here for a few days and also in the "for sale" area.

Reactions: JNB

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
You are in our prayers.

Reactions: Graham UK and JNB

·
Registered
3,404 Posts

Several months ago, I was cruising down interstate and had to pull over...my eyes went completely crossed...could not focus. Luckily I was at an exit, called a friend and he trailered me home. I noticed in the past a slight numbness here and there on one side of my body but it soon diminished. Well, long story short, I have a form of MS...one that doesn't consistently leave me incapacitated....and thus I need to sell the best bike I've ever owned, my Black 2015 Chieftain. I know I'll take a beating but it is up for sale and will consider any reasonable offer.

The bike has rear passenger removable back rest, rear passenger foot boards and Pathfinder LED headlight and driving lights and a few miscellaneous things like drink holder...all accessories are Indian and were bought and installed at Indian dealership as well as all oil change/mantainence....oh...approximately 6,000 miles.

Please pass this on if you know of anyone who may be interested. I live on the MS Gulf Coast and will consider delivering to any reasonable distance.

If you'd rather talk directly, PM with your phone number, and we'll talk. Thanks for passing this on to someone who may be interested.
You're in my prayers and I'll pass the word around.

Reactions: Graham UK

·
Registered
38 Posts

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis of MS. I know that there have been wonderful advances in the last 20 years. Praying for the best in your treatment.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
That is a tough hand JNB. I wish you well to keep your health as good as you can. Prayers for you my friend.
Hopefully someone will enjoy the Chieftain as much as you

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,649 Posts

@JNB Rosie's 1901 in Mobile Al used to be an indian dealership (not anymore) BUT they are doing a great consignment business selling used high end motorcycles! call them Paul Bowers Rosie's 1901 is located in Mobile, AL. Shop our large online inventory.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts

We get no guarantees in this life. I wish you well and hope that MS does not progress quickly. I did volunteer work with quite a few MS patients. Good luck with life and sorry to hear that you have to give up riding.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Very sorry to hear. Doctors thought my wife had MS, but it turned out to be Lyme Disease. Check out this book ( The Wahls Protocol ). It's a book about a Doctor that self treated her MS. Good luck and stay strong.

·
Registered
881 Posts

Hey JNB. Sorry to hear that. My brother just lost his job because one of his eye messed up real bad. Not a good feeling.

If I go blind....I'm taking up motorcycle racing.:confused:

·
Bronze member
1,236 Posts
Man that is some of the worst news I have heard. You have my sympathies and my prayers. I hope it all works out to your benefit. :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts