Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi--I'm noticing that my scout has these weird little rust spots all over my front brake disc! It's making me really upset. She's in the garage in her own room. I take of her. I have looked online but can't find anything on motorcycle brake disc rust. Just the car rotors and a bunch of crazy crap. I just want to know is there anything I can do that does NOT involve me dissembling anything as me hubby is far far away. I want those dots of rust off! It's making my OCD kick in... Not good

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Some cleaners can cause the rust, try a little steel wool and see if you can clean it off... I read somewhere that bleachwhite will cause stainless steel to rust if not washed off..........good luck......:cool::cool::cool:

·
Senior member / gold
6,989 Posts
It's not a big deal if you live in a salty or damp environment (Charleston SC?). If you parked it and there was even a little dampness, the rotors will gather a little surface rust. The first few miles driving will knock off most that surface rust. I don't think that you should worry. We get that rust issue on our brake rotors in South Florida.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not a big deal if you live in a salty or damp environment (Charleston SC?). If you parked it and there was even a little dampness, the rotors will gather a little surface rust. The first few miles driving will knock off most that surface rust. I don't think that you should worry. We get that rust issue on our brake rotors in South Florida.
Ugh ok, good to know, I hope it does knock off or I'll go crazy! Thx

·
Registered
497 Posts
Nothing to worry about as mentioned. Normal in some environments. Try "CLR" cleaner if it makes you too crazy. Rinse well.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Stop worrying.....it happens all the time in damp or rainy conditions. deal with it every year in Ohio. Like others said...after stopping a few times, it'll be gone.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Wipe the Rotors with Brake Cleaner with a Clean Rag ( Do not Spray it on Directly ) Take a Ride .. No More Rust ..

·
Senior member / gold
6,989 Posts
Nothing more beautiful than a motorcycle with a little rust, a couple of scratches and dings, some road dirt and water stains... it means than it is part of that person's daily life and that it is loved. Nothing more embarrassing than a nice shiny "Trailer Queen" bike being unloaded outside of Sturgis or Daytona Bike Week, and the rider is dressed in the "Outlaw" costume, to ride down main street just to be seen and play the "Outlaw" part. That is just my opinion.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nothing more beautiful than a motorcycle with a little rust, a couple of scratches and dings, some road dirt and water stains... it means than it is part of that person's daily life and that it is loved. Nothing more embarrassing than a nice shiny "Trailer Queen" bike being unloaded outside of Sturgis or Daytona Bike Week, and the rider is dressed in the "Outlaw" costume, to ride down main street just to be seen and play the "Outlaw" part. That is just my opinion.
Oh then I'm good... Broken brake and clutch lever 2x and riding with broken clutch lever again... Hahaha. Scratched exhaust. I'm doing wonders on this thing.... Lovely.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts