Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is a photo of the 1st Indian full face helmet (red and black) with the tan liner purchased in 2016, and drop down sunshield. As can be seen the tan interior liner is deteriorating at the base around the neck and pieces are flaking off . In addition, the drop down sunshield appears to be hazy when compared to my Shoei Neo Tec shield of the same vintage. Several attempts to clean the visor with vinegar and water have proved unsuccessful. Over the years, the visor has only been cleaned with Plexus the same as on the Shoei. My question is, does anyone know of a source to get another liner(color doesn't matter) and a shield? Indian customer service was no help as was an email to the Chinese manufacturer.
I hate to condemn the helmet because it fits well, but the liner irritates my neck . Any ideas are welcome. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! After months of looking at hundreds of various liners and some of which were close to mounting correctly, my wife replaced the defective material and sewed on a better fabric that will breathe and should hold up for a few years.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Below is a photo of the 1st Indian full face helmet (red and black) with the tan liner purchased in 2016, and drop down sunshield. As can be seen the tan interior liner is deteriorating at the base around the neck and pieces are flaking off . In addition, the drop down sunshield appears to be hazy when compared to my Shoei Neo Tec shield of the same vintage. Several attempts to clean the visor with vinegar and water have proved unsuccessful. Over the years, the visor has only been cleaned with Plexus the same as on the Shoei. My question is, does anyone know of a source to get another liner(color doesn't matter) and a shield? Indian customer service was no help as was an email to the Chinese manufacturer.
I hate to condemn the helmet because it fits well, but the liner irritates my neck . Any ideas are welcome. Thanks
So who manufacturers the helmets?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One label says " made in China for Polaris/Indian". The other label says "SA-28" Foshan Nanhai Xinyuen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts