Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

110 miles in and I was wiping off the seat. Until I look down and my micro cloth was dissolving in my new pipes.

I have tried the normal stuff. (0000 pad, goo gone, etc...I am just not making headway.

I might be taking a stupid pill however someone give me a better way before I lose my mind! I have never had something I could get off my pipes before! I don't want to scratch them so...help!

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
I think you'll need something more aggressive. Try ZipStrip paint remover. I've used it on bumper stickers with success and it didn't hurt the chrome. Don't get ZipStrip on any painted surfaces for obvious reasons! Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Over the years, I have successfully used final wash (available from auto paint suppliers and safe for most paints), aircraft paint stripper (Google it) and oven cleaner. Be careful with the flammable stuff!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
I was gonna suggest an angle grinder, but you'd need a feather touch....

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Ok,

110 miles in and I was wiping off the seat. Until I look down and my micro cloth was dissolving in my new pipes.

I have tried the normal stuff. (0000 pad, goo gone, etc...I am just not making headway.

I might be taking a stupid pill however someone give me a better way before I lose my mind! I have never had something I could get off my pipes before! I don't want to scratch them so...help!
I have had a little luck removing burnt on rubber from my chrome pipes with a razor blade at the right angle it came off cleaned up with wd40 & steel wool

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Be Surprised what simple copper penny can do when all else is not working ..

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ok,

Its no thrill ; I have boot melt and the sleeve from my green jacket to get off. Gonna look at the heat shield from the guy called Captain Itch.com to cover part of the pipe and block some heat.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Its no thrill ; I have boot melt and the sleeve from my green jacket to get off. Gonna look at the heat shield from the guy called Captain Itch.com to cover part of the pipe and block some heat.
Just got mine in yesterday, the color couldn't be further off if ya tried. [URL=http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/scotwoodfordspioneerscot/media/009_zpsa29d684c.jpg.html][/URL] The product looks very high quality and very well made, but the color is so far off, I'm unwilling to use it. I am trying to contact them to get it resolved, and in all fairness have not spoken with them yet, so I will report as to what the resolution is, as it's not the problems in life, it's the solutions that count.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Just got mine in yesterday, the color couldn't be further off if ya tried. The product looks very high quality and very well made, but the color is so far off, I'm unwilling to use it. I am trying to contact them to get it resolved, and in all fairness have not spoken with them yet, so I will report as to what the resolution is, as it's not the problems in life, it's the solutions that count.
Follow up, I just talked with Isabelle ( very nice lady ) they are not going to be able to match the road masters, but will trade me for black, and no cost to me ! Wow, great customer service. They will be changing the website to note this issue.

·
Registered
132 Posts
just great ; I wanted one of those. Had my 500 mi service today and ordered a backrest. Wondering if Indians seat supplier could sell the leather piece big enough to make one. Orrrr could that one be dyed darker ; just pondering !

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
just great ; I wanted one of those. Had my 500 mi service today and ordered a backrest. Wondering if Indians seat supplier could sell the leather piece big enough to make one. Orrrr could that one be dyed darker ; just pondering !
Well, Isabel at Captain itch, says they probably wont be able to match the color of the road masters, as maybe there not leather but painted synthetic. Not sure on this, I know Indian sells it as leather, but is it ? I'm sure it could be dyed, but She is just going to swap it for black, with black lacing, which should be fine, since it's by the motor.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts