Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the jacket from the movie Finding Steve McQueen. It's a two tone leather riding jacket that I love. I've tried searching and all I come up with is a link for the yellow fabric jacket he wears.
These are the only pictures I can find online from the movie. I wish I could find pictures of the back as it is several inches longer than the front and sides. I gotta get this jacket!

Here's a good look at it starting around 0:42.
[youtube]

·
Registered
23 Posts
It looks like a 70s leather blazer/sports coat not a riding jacket. I Googled “70s leather blazer” and several came up that looked similar.

·
Bronze member
1,954 Posts
It looks like a 70s leather blazer/sports coat not a riding jacket. I Googled “70s leather blazer” and several came up that looked similar.
I think he actually meant the green one Travis Fimmel (aka Steve McQueen) is wearing.
I tried a search and also only came up with the yellow jacket.

I got my current leather bomber jacket from one of those film jacket sites (I don’t believe mine is from a movie though). Amazing to me how many are available.
Maybe you could email some of those places to find out if they could make one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think he actually meant the green one Travis Fimmel (aka Steve McQueen) is wearing.
I tried a search and also only came up with the yellow jacket.

I got my current leather bomber jacket from one of those film jacket sites (I don’t believe mine is from a movie though). Amazing to me how many are available.
Maybe you could email some of those places to find out if they could make one.
That makes so much more sense!

·
Rider
1,170 Posts
In the credits to the trailer Melissa Vargas was the costume designer, why not do a little digging on social media to see if you can reach out and ask her or drop a line to Paradox Films below using the contact link? Alternatively take what details you have and get a jacket made if your pockets are deep and your desire that strong?

·
Rider
1,170 Posts
Nice one rpsibew110 between us Kodiakisland may just go to the ball after all? ? ?

Reactions: rpsibew110

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, the two tone leather riding jacket, not the blazer. As I said in the OP, what I like about it is it is longer in the back and short in the front, which you can see at the 0:42 point of the video. Would make a great around town jacket. Plus, I just like the looks of it.

I've emailed Vargas, so we shall see.

Thanks all

·
Rider
943 Posts
Here this one has a longer back and it’s at the Indian dealership.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts