Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, Looking for some help with our barn find. It is a 1948 Indian Chief that was in a collapsed barn. We have the title. Bike has rust as it's been buried in rotted wood for the last 20 years. But no dents, guage cluster still intact, we have all the parts except for the heads and the gas tank. I'm hoping to find someone in Washington state that can come look at it. We are not looking to sell, just would like to know what we have and if it's worth restoring/leaving as-is or parting out.

Pic Attached

Thanks!
Ken

Attachments

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,644 Posts
Cool find. Good luck in getting whatever parts you'll need to get it running again. If that's what you intend to do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool find. Good luck in getting whatever parts you'll need to get it running again. If that's what you intend to do.
Thanks! We don't personally intend to restore it, but would love to have someone have it that would take the time to see that out

·
Registered
412 Posts
In Washington St, contact Ziggy at Ziggy Indian Parts, he can get you some leads and info, with a title you don't want to part it out, sell it whole, I've started with less and worse than that and can make a beautiful bike restored, parts are not a problem anymore but can get exspensive, A lot of labor in restoring that makes it tough to pay someone else to fix a bike up.
There a lot of factors as to value engine turns over, matching numbers, how bad is the sheet metal, a set of reproduction gas tanks will run about $500 for starters !, then carb, tires, battery, you could but $2000 in it just to get it running.

·
Early joiner
108 Posts
Hey Guys, Looking for some help with our barn find. It is a 1948 Indian Chief that was in a collapsed barn. We have the title. Bike has rust as it's been buried in rotted wood for the last 20 years. But no dents, guage cluster still intact, we have all the parts except for the heads and the gas tank. I'm hoping to find someone in Washington state that can come look at it. We are not looking to sell, just would like to know what we have and if it's worth restoring/leaving as-is or parting out.

Pic Attached

Thanks!
Ken
What did you ending doing with the bike? If it’s still available I’m a buyer and I’m close enough to pick it up.
Thank you
Joe 209-614-0456

1 - 7 of 7 Posts