Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...the tank on my 2015 scout 69 has some scars...they say everyone goes down once. So now that mines out of the way, I'd like a smoke silver tank that's not all scratched and dented up cause otherwise the rest of my steed is luckily still perfect. Making a dealer search brings up just the tank asm for a little over 1500...seems like a bit much and moneys never not an issue. Does anyone know where to find a new tank that isn't priced out of the stratosphere?? Could really use the help...thank you...

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had a good size dent on the front left corner of the tank on my 04 Triumph Thunderbird Sport. The tank had a beautiful yellow swoosh on black with gold coach lines. I wasn't sure if I wanted to get it fixed and take the chance on a repaint matching the factory. Finally got sick of looking at that dent and took the tank to a shop that was recommended by another rider. I was amazed when I picked the tank up a week later. He pulled the dent hydraulically (wouldn't explain in detail how that works, maybe a process he came up with on his own). The paint was flawless and he matched the original swoosh and coach lines perfectly. Johnny Raw Tin is his moniker and he runs RAW TIN Garage in West Valley Utah.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts