Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi thanks I’m advance for any help. This was a family member’s jacket and I think it’s something special. From what I can see looking around the web I’m assuming it was made in Canada. There are no other labels anywhere except the center inside ‘Indian -Worlds Finest Motorcycles.

Can anyone tell me the era, or model of this jacket, or any information?

and given the chest is 44-46” and waist is 40” maybe the size?

Attachments

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
No idea really, only found two others same and XL. Both with different labels inside.
Vintage Indian jacket
Another

Could be XL or XXL, waist size suggests smaller except for those laced sides.

Reactions: JohnnyHartford

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yeah I totally unlaced them to get the max measurement on the waist. Appreciate anyone else’s info. TY!!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
That looks like one of the Rottweiler Leather jackets produced before the 1998 Gilroy factory opening up and taking over the brand. After that point, that jacket had a black label listing Indian Motorcycle instead of just Indian.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
And yes, it was produced in Canada. Rottweiler Leathers became the official producer of Indian jackets, vests, gloves, and other clothing pieces through the Gilroy days and up to the Steillican ownership. They had a horrible downfall at the end with a building fire, theft, and failing dealerships not paying their invoices. They've been shuttered for a while now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And yes, it was produced in Canada. Rottweiler Leathers became the official producer of Indian jackets, vests, gloves, and other clothing pieces through the Gilroy days and up to the Steillican ownership. They had a horrible downfall at the end with a building fire, theft, and failing dealerships not paying their invoices. They've been shuttered for a while now.
Loki Awesome information! Thank you!!

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
Hi thanks I’m advance for any help. This was a family member’s jacket and I think it’s something special. From what I can see looking around the web I’m assuming it was made in Canada. There are no other labels anywhere except the center inside ‘Indian -Worlds Finest Motorcycles.

Can anyone tell me the era, or model of this jacket, or any information?

and given the chest is 44-46” and waist is 40” maybe the size?
Your jacket was designed by Lee Trevor in France. You can still find them occasionally in eBay and other sites. They are very heavy leather and very well made. I have a Lee Trevor patch that I had sewn on a modern vest.

foc_creek_patch.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I spoke to a guy that worked in the factory that made this. It was Rottweiler in Canada. The the model is #1003 ‘WINGS’

With the tag on the inside being white instead of black, this was made between 1993 and 1999. They continued until 2003 though. The 40 inch waste back then was a Large (?) according to him, and they changed the sizing to XL later.

There is a different one, that doesn’t have the curved lettering that says Indian Motorcycles, the winged logo is bigger and the Indian Motorcycles lettering is straight across the bottom. I’d imagine that’s post 1999.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Henry Wittenberg was the owner and I knew him well. I was able to make some large orders with him for local riders when Ramp Indian screwed things up royally for him.

·
Founding member
2014 Red Chief Classic
985 Posts
I'll take it, how much do you want? PM me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts