Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2014 Chieftain with a bunch of upgrades. I have receipts for most all of it including the cam work and air intake etc but, nothing on the mufflers. No markings at all. 1 guy at dealer said Rush is the only muffler with no markings but he hasn't seen the bike so... not confirmed.

I've attached a couple pics. Outer diameter is 4". Inside diameter of baffle is about 3"...shes loud.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just bought a 2014 Chieftain with a bunch of upgrades. I have receipts for most all of it including the cam work and air intake etc but, nothing on the mufflers. No markings at all. 1 guy at dealer said Rush is the only muffler with no markings but he hasn't seen the bike so... not confirmed.

I've attached a couple pics. Outer diameter is 4". Inside diameter of baffle is about 3"...shes loud.
Looks like Lloyd’s slip-ons with the baffles in. I heard they are discontinued. Can’t confirm that though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like Lloyd’s slip-ons with the baffles in. I heard they are discontinued. Can’t confirm that though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're right, it does look like what's posted on their site. Looks like they only offer them for Chief right now..?

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have Lloyd’s on both my bikes...it’s them.
Bike's a little loud. I contacted them today asking if there were any baffle options that might quiet it down. Their response, "if you don't like the sound of our pipes, go somewhere else and buy them..." Ok, wow. Sound isn't TERRIBLE. It actually sounds great. Just a little loud for a guy who already has tinnitus. Didn't care for their response though. IF there was I chance I'd do business with them at some point, that's gone.

·
Founding member
1,023 Posts
That is a beautiful bike!!! I love the Springfield Blue... In case you didn't know this already, that color is not very common so count yourself lucky. Very nice!

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Bike's a little loud. I contacted them today asking if there were any baffle options that might quiet it down. Their response, "if you don't like the sound of our pipes, go somewhere else and buy them..." Ok, wow. Sound isn't TERRIBLE. It actually sounds great. Just a little loud for a guy who already has tinnitus. Didn't care for their response though. IF there was I chance I'd do business with them at some point, that's gone.
Great attitude towards your customers and future recommendations you may have had . I would never even think about recommending them once I got a reply like that.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
That is a beautiful bike!!! I love the Springfield Blue... In case you didn't know this already, that color is not very common so count yourself lucky. Very nice!
Nice when you have something that a lot of others wont have, makes your bike stand out.
IMG_1033.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts