Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rider
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Recently had dealer install handlebar bag and OEM adapter for charging iPhone as I ride etc.

Several weeks ago it stopped working, I ordered a new adaptor from Indian and it is still not working with the new adapter, I checked the voltage off the wire that the adaptor plugs into (runs from behind the headlight) there's no voltage coming out of there
My question is does is run off of a fuse or do you think it's possibly a bad wire?
if it runs off a fuse where is the fuse box located?
I would assume that if it were a fuse it would also generate power to the front headlight which is functioning 100% fine as well as. the rest of the electrics on th bike.. Thoughts/Ideas ?
Thanks in advance for your help

·
Bronze member
1,584 Posts
The plug is attached to an accessory plug/wire that's in the headlight nacelle. I would recommend chasing the wire to make sure the connector didn't come undone.

I just helped a buddy install this last Friday and there isn't a lot of slack so it's possible the connection let go.

Reactions: Registered Coonass

·
Rider
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Joegopher, are you referring to the wire that the charging adapter plugs into by the headlight ? I already replaced that whole charging adapter (the one that plugs into the wire that comes off I think the wire for the headlight) the new adaptive doesn't work either! When I check the voltage on the lead that comes off with the wire where the charger adapter plugs into, there was no voltage therefore the new adapter that I ordered from Indian didn't work as well I'm wondering where to go next ?
Sorry I was was not clearer before..
My confusion with your reply earlier was whether you meant that connection point or is there a further connecting point somewhere else on that wire that leads to the headlight ???? Then I also thought its possibly a fuse ?

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
Joegopher, are you referring to the wire that the charging adapter plugs into by the headlight ? I already replaced that whole charging adapter (the one that plugs into the wire that comes off I think the wire for the headlight) the new adaptive doesn't work either! When I check the voltage on the lead that comes off with the wire where the charger adapter plugs into, there was no voltage therefore the new adapter that I ordered from Indian didn't work as well I'm wondering where to go next ?
My confusion with your reply earlier was whether you meant that connection point or is there a further connecting point somewhere else on that wire that leads to the headlight ???? Then I also thought its possibly a fuse ?
Most likely it's a fuse. Mine did the same thing. Take the left side cover off, the fuse box is right there. Got an assortment of fuses for $4 at Auto Zone.

·
Bronze member
1,584 Posts
My reply was not very clear. I was referring to the plug in the headlight. I was wondering if it had become disconnected but since you replaced the entire port and connected it at the source in the headlight, I would also check the fuses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts