Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m currently looking at getting a Sixty and one of the options I’m debating is whether or not I should spring for the ABS option. Pros/Cons? Thanks for your thoughts (if there’s a thread somewhere already on the topic please direct me).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Founding member / platinum
10,005 Posts
ABS is ALWAYS the best bet.
If you can afford it buy it!

·
Silver member
3,321 Posts
Are you a new rider? If an experienced rider with non-ABS motorcycles, I claim you are fine without it. Sure, I guess it is safer. I have never owned a motorcycle with ABS, including my Scout 60.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,005 Posts
Seems like it but I wasn’t sure if there may be any reason not to have that feature on a bike.

Just think of it this way... do you really want to stop in adverse panic conditions?

·
Rider
580 Posts
I’m currently looking at getting a Sixty and one of the options I’m debating is whether or not I should spring for the ABS option. Pros/Cons? Thanks for your thoughts (if there’s a thread somewhere already on the topic please direct me).

I haven’t “used” ABS but I’m sure glad I have it! Also a used bike with abs will sell faster than without.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I never thought I would like it, but have a bike with it now on 5th season with no problems. There if you need it, doesn’t do anything odd if you don’t. I have used it a few times when I may have been riding aggressively and the only thing you notice is a little noise and a tiny pulsation feeling. It is nothing like some older car systems etc that scare you when it kicks in, and you stop straight and fast.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Made a believer out of me when a lady turned left in front of me at an intersection. That is when I had my scout. Haven’t had any problems on the springfield yet. I will always get ABS if it is available.

·
Rider
756 Posts

Ya know Cal,, I have ABS ON MY 2019 scout icon, and I think it’s worth the extra dollars, here’s why,,, if it come to an emergency quick reaction braking situation,, ABS just might save your life or and your passengers life, I’ll say THAT THE ABS SYSTEM ON THE SCOUT WORKS FANTASTIC. The choice is all you,, make the right choice. RIDE SAFE.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Unless you are using your bike for a specialized reason, I don't even understand why anyone would question it. It's much better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. It has no affect on everyday riding and only kicks in when you really need it. Why would you not get it?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Get ABS always.. never sacrifice anything that can help you stop shorter and quicker .. especially when are exposed to the elements .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,286 Posts
A tight wad might not want to spend on it. I personally value my life and health enough to spend when it's beneficial. I've had ABS on my last two bikes and ABS has saved my bacon on more than one occasion. The pucker factor of getting a bike sideways in a panic stop isn't on my list of things I want to do anymore.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts