Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 ISB non ABS. I added Indian extended foot controls and replaced the rear brake line with the extended one that came with the kit. I'm not a mechanic but i'd say i have an above average mechanical inclination as well as I have bleed a lot of vehicle brakes. Anyway, I am not getting any brake pressure now. I have bleed the line at least 5 times and ran an absurd amount of DOT 4 brake fluid through it. There are no signs of leaks in the hose, caliper, or master. I say that in the sense of there is no brake fluid on the ground or components after sitting for days. I have tried the standard pedal pump bleed, vacuum bleed, and bought a speed bleeder. When I am bleeding the line is above the system to prevent air from traveling back into the system. I depress the brake pedal, watch fluid push up the bleeder hose, release the pedal, and watch fluid leave the master cylinder reservoir. I can pump the pedal approximately 4 times before I need to top the master back off. I have absolutely zero brake pressure after re bleeding multiple times over the course of 2 weeks. What in the world is the problem? The bike has less than 1,000 miles.

·
Senior member / gold
6,989 Posts
Try reverse bleeding it. I had that same problem the first time I bled my scout (abs though) and reverse bleeding worked when other methods did not.
That kind of rings a bell in my feeble brain. The mechanic that worked on my Dark Horse was purging the line differently than anything I had ever seen. I just wasn't paying a lot of attention to what, exactly, he was doing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts