Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked around and didn't see a thread dedicated to this topic.
Besides carrying my helmet everywhere, What are your suggestions for lock brands or methods?
How do you guys protect your gear?
Trunk boxes, I realize will offer the best protection. I am more curious about mountable locks or ways to tether the helmet to the bike.
I Could tie a Pit bull to the helmet. Will that work?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Half helmet in my hard saddlebag. ;)

Reactions: Thelastbill

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have heard good reviews about kryptonite before. The carabineer locks only seem to be as strong as the chain you bind them with right?

·
Founding member
2,280 Posts
In most cases, I will just hang the strap with the clip on the end into my hardbag and then set the helmet on top of the hardbag rack. With the bag locked, it secures the helmet.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Been hanging my helmet on my handle bar grip for years without any kind of lock. Never had a problem.
I do take it with me for the night when on the road.

Rawhide

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I tend not to wear them often. In fact...only twice a year. One is when I ride to work in the rain. When I do that....I wear a half helmet and put it in my saddle bags. People are idiots and will run my old arse over if I give them the chance. The second time is when I do the Run for the Wall. We are required to wear helmets but when you are parked with 400 other scoots ridden by a group of old grizzled vets...people don't tend to snag things off your bike.

Semper Fi,
Z

·
Registered
553 Posts
Depends on the helmet. The one that has the Sena goes with me, attached to my backpack. The HJC will sit on the back rest, and my HJC half helmet goes in the backpack.

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
I take mine off and extend the kickstand down into it.
When I lean the bike over it is pinned to the ground under the kickstand.
It's an old trick that has the side benefit of keeping your kickstand foot from sinking into the blacktop on a hot day.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I don't lock anything

1 - 20 of 30 Posts