Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I'll be getting a cochlear implant on one ear in the near future.

I've looked around and can't really find a solution to wearing a helmet with these implants and outer processor. I see some have recommended dremeling out some of the foam in the implant area on the helmet, but seems like it would compromise the safety of the helmet. I've seen others recommend to write to helmet makers and inquire, but nobody has ever said they've gotten a good response.
Any riders on the forum have this problem and solution? I sure would appreciate your help!

·
Rider
1,405 Posts
You could try touching base with these guys in the UK? They may know?

My Shoei helmet (as do many others) come with formed spaces in the inner shell for speakers anyway, does this compromise the inner shell? Who really knows? This is nothing different, get a Dremmel and cut your own. I would assume due to the fact cochlear implant external microphone processorss have varying designs, positioning and sizes it would almost be impossible to mass produce helmets to suit, also would they produce them with one/two or left/right cut-outs only?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts