Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I live in Upstate New York, new to Indian Motorcycles. I haven’t ridden consistently in about 15 years, but returning to it now. I owned three different sport bikes as a young man, and truly enjoyed the freedom of riding.

At this point in my life I am returning to it, but not on a sport bike. I started looking at cruisers, but I have not been impressed by Harley. They have some nice bikes but their customer service doesn’t seem to be on point.

I visited my brother in-law in South Carolina last fall, who owns a Chief Dark Horse. When I walked in his garage and saw it for the first time it literally took my breath away.

I did a little research (ok, a LOT of research) and decided to buy a Scout Bobber. Ready to pull the trigger on it now that spring is here, and we have this virus going on. So here I am, relegated to watching YouTube videos and browsing this forum for more information and opinions. Glad to be a part of this group, if not yet an owner. Hopefully change that in a few weeks!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome from "upstate of NYC - NY" Real update NY'ers get pissed if you say you're from "upstate" when you only actually live a little bit outside of NYC. lol

·
Silver member
3,481 Posts
Welcome from "upstate of NYC - NY" Real update NY'ers get pissed if you say you're from "upstate" when you only actually live a little bit outside of NYC. lol
Many NY political types refer to any place north of NY City as "upstate". Not sure why, maybe they can't read a map, or they're not too bright, no sense of direction maybe... hooo knows LOL. I live in a small town about 20 miles NW of Syracuse, which is where US Rt. 81 and the NYS Thrueway cross paths. That appears to be pretty much central, or the center of NYS. When I was a kid many referred to NY City as the "big apple". My father referred to NY City as the "rotten apple" LOL.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For sure! I’m an hour and a half west of Syracuse...Finger Lakes region.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Many NY political types refer to any place north of NY City as "upstate". Not sure why, maybe they can't read a map, or they're not too bright, no sense of direction maybe... hooo knows LOL. I live in a small town about 20 miles NW of Syracuse, which is where US Rt. 81 and the NYS Thrueway cross paths. That appears to be pretty much central, or the center of NYS. When I was a kid many referred to NY City as the "big apple". My father referred to NY City as the "rotten apple" LOL.
I, personally, can't stand NYC. They pretty much 'take' everything. They think the whole rest of NY is here just to support NYC. Water? We will take it! Crops? Send them this way! Tax money? Sure, we'll have some. I lived in your general area back in the day; Griffiss AFB, Rome NY

For sure! I’m an hour and a half west of Syracuse...Finger Lakes region.
Yup, then you both are for sure UPSTATE. :)

·
Silver member
3,481 Posts
I, personally, can't stand NYC. They pretty much 'take' everything. They think the whole rest of NY is here just to support NYC. Water? We will take it! Crops? Send them this way! Tax money? Sure, we'll have some. I lived in your general area back in the day; Griffiss AFB, Rome NY

Yup, then you both are for sure UPSTATE. :)
Well brother, it's quite obvious that you ain't woke!! You need to appreciate that the Apple, in addition to being a sanctuary city, promotes all kinds of cultural diversity and that makes NYC and surrounding areas such a great place. And I'm all to happy to pay some of the highest property taxes of any state in the US of A, so I can help support NYC, its crooked politicians, and all its inhabitants, both legal and illegal.

'scuse me.... I gotta go puke now :eek:

·
Founding Member
401 Posts
Welcome. Another "Real Upstate NY" guy here. Grew up in Binghamton and went to college in Rochester. Virginia is and has been my home for 40 years. Rarely go back to NY, too depressing.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Well brother, it's quite obvious that you ain't woke!! You need to appreciate that the Apple, in addition to being a sanctuary city, promotes all kinds of cultural diversity and that makes NYC and surrounding areas such a great place. And I'm all to happy to pay some of the highest property taxes of any state in the US of A, so I can help support NYC, its crooked politicians, and all its inhabitants, both legal and illegal.

'scuse me.... I gotta go puke now :eek:
Thought you were serious there for a minute. I was like "Damn, didn't mean to offend this guy" lol

·
Registered
404 Posts
6FD094E1-42F9-461B-B988-26E6945FD65F.jpeg
Besides what WhillyH said, we have this to deal with too. This is today, 4/11/20 @ 10:00am just west of Rochester. Western NY... not NYC, Not Upstate.

·
Founding Member
1,795 Posts
Welcome from Sunny Colorado. Hope you get to pull the trigger on a bike soon. I grew up on Canandaigua lake and have fond memories of the area. Great place to be three months out of the year, until October when the sun goes away. Cheers!

·
Silver member
3,481 Posts
Thought you were serious there for a minute. I was like "Damn, didn't mean to offend this guy" lol
Offend me? Oh hell no. The only reason I stay here in NYS is because my daughter and the grand kids and friends are here. Don't get me wrong... Physically NYS is beautiful. Good mountain areas and great inland water ways. Plenty of woodlands and farm communities. Butt the political vibes and property taxes ruin it, at least for me. If my daughter, her hubby, and the little ones were to move to Tennessee or Kentucky I'd follow them in a heart beat (o:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts