Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just popping in to say hello.

Just made a deal to trade in my Yamaha XSR900 for my first Indian on Friday and I collect my new bike this coming Tuesday.

Been mainly riding sports bike for more than 12 years but a stubborn knee cap and my ease of being sucked into the hooligan side of riding brought me to my XSR900....after only 18 months of owning one and as comfy as the bike is, it still has a hooligan side!

I've always been drawn to the style and looks of the custom bobber style bikes so I took a 2018 Indian Scout Bobber out for a test run and fell in love with the noise, look and feel. I actually didnt expect to enjoy it as much as I did.....so, as of Tuesday, I'll be the proud owner of this bike....

Attachments

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Congrats and welcome! Beautiful bike.

Reactions: Rossco0506

·
Rider
459 Posts
Awesome bike and welcome to the club. The Bobber is what first drew me towards the Indian brand. I just think they nailed the look. And for the record, coming off a higher-revving Japanese bike you’re likely going to really enjoy that motor. More top-end then one usually expects with an American v-twin. A bit of a ‘giant killer’ as well.

Just beware the reduced lean angle. A Gixxer it is not;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome bike and welcome to the club. The Bobber is what first drew me towards the Indian brand. I just think they nailed the look. And for the record, coming off a higher-revving Japanese bike you’re likely going to really enjoy that motor. More top-end then one usually expects with an American v-twin. A bit of a ‘giant killer’ as well.

Just beware the reduced lean angle. A Gixxer it is not;)
Yeah I think I'll likely struggle with the bends and twisties at first but just gonna take my time with it. I'm sure the pegs will scrape and give me a twitch!:D

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome to the tribe from Dallas Texas USA. Ride safe and sane.

Semper Fi,
Z

Reactions: Rossco0506

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Nice to see another Scott join the forum ,welcome from Australia . You have at least 1 other local that is member here ,You will find that most of the guys are always willing to help with any questions .The wealth of knowledge on this forum, makes it the great forum that it is.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts