Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

New member here who is looking at possibly making the switch from HD to Indian. So I came here to read, ask questions, and make an informed decision.

Thanks!

·
Living the dream!
267 Posts
Welcome, this is a great group. I was torn between Indian and HD, you can guess what I decided.

·
Bronze member
2,566 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum, your in the right place to ask questions regarding Indian motocycles.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Welcome.
Hope you find the info you need to make a great decision.
We're (Indian) not (Indian) too (Indian) biased (Indian) around here (Indian, Indian).

·
Rider
910 Posts
Welcome to the Tribe!!! Just take one for a test drive, that will answer a lot of questions and probably make you wonder why you are considering HD....

·
Super Moderator
12,041 Posts
Do it!

Lotsa former HD guys here ~~ and a bunch that have both brands in their garage.

·
Rider
817 Posts
Welcome from Michigan. Rode Harley’s for 47 years. Bought my Vintage and have no regrets. You’ll get all the info you need on this forum.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Welcome to the forum, if you buy and Indian you will love it, I am sure. There are a lot of members that are former HD guys and a lot that own both.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do it!

Lotsa former HD guys here ~~ and a bunch that have both brands in their garage.
This is what I'm looking at doing. I own a 2006 Harley Street Bob that I bought new. I wouldn't give up that bike for anything. I've always wanted an XR 1200 from Harley, but then I saw Klock Werks customized Scout(Vintage Racer). So I started doing some research and that brought me here.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome !

What kind of Indian are you potentially looking to acquire ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I do decide to go with an Indian it would be a Scout 60. It looks like I can buy one, tear it down, hop it up a bit, and customzie it for what Harley would cost me used.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Quite the contrast from Chieftain to FTR no? Scouts are relatively light and fun for sure. Read up on the suspension, tire, seating, or other issues and modifications here and find one to ride. Enjoy!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I haven't had the opportunity to. I've only ridden a Chieftain and the FTR 1200 at a Demo Day.
As mentioned , Scouts are different .

Only thing I can say is to try one out.

If you want something that loves curves, then the Scout is for you .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts