Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone on the Forums, my name is Andy and I've owned a 2018 Scout 60 ABS (Thunder Black) since April this year.
First motorcycle at the age of 62 since riding scramble bikes as a kid and just never did get around to biking again until now for lots of reasons, but I've retired and can't believe I didn't take this exciting leap long ago.. What a great first bike the Scout 60 is and I'm loving every trip out on her.

To get the riding position to fit me the way I like it, so far I've fitted:
- RSD mid-controls (like my feet more under me than in front)
- RSD gauge re-locator (much easier to see the gauge when wearing a full-face helmet) and 1 1/8" risers (still using stock normal reach handlebars at the moment though, just made some shims to allow the bars to fit the larger risers, but may change to fat bars in future)
- LSL adjustable Brake and Clutch levers (shorter reach for smaller hands)
- Motogadget M-blaze Disc handlebar end turn signals
- Barnet Clutch cable

Just about to fit an S&S air filter, RPW Jack pipes (just landed in the UK and through Customs) and Dynojet PV3 tune once all fitted :)

That's it for now, Best Wishes to you all.

·
Living the dream!
267 Posts
Welcome! We cannot change the past, but we can influence the future, glad you are doing it on two wheels.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey Andy
Welcome to the madhouse.
Are you heading to Cornwall for the weekend the first IMRG gathering ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi subseatiger, afraid not :( Off to Scotland for a week with the better half visiting family haunts and friends, no other trips allowed.. I learnt long ago the best way to a happy marriage (at least the second one) was to say those immortal words "Yes Dear" ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Andy
Completely understand, I have learnt the same thing, and I too know my place. I wanted to be there also, (I'm keen to support anything like that in the UK) but I am offshore currently and hope to make up for it next time. Enjoy Scotland (England's biggest county), hope to meet up sometime

·
Bronze member
1,031 Posts
Hello Andy

Welcome to the Forum and congrats on the new Scout. Any photos?

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Welcome from Australia. This forum grows every day and would be one of the best to belong too, you will always get help or a answer too any questions you may have.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts