Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Rider
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on the news this morning that all of California has been placed on mandatory quarantine, to stay at home and not be out. They stated that if you're caught out, you can be charged with a misdemeanor and be given a fine. Is this true?

·
Registered
103 Posts
[/QUOTE]
I saw on the news this morning that all of California has been placed on mandatory quarantine, to stay at home and not be out. They stated that if you're caught out, you can be charged with a misdemeanor and be given a fine. Is this true?
Can only go out for certain services - groceries, pharmacy, medical services and to work at an essential job. Will not be enforced by arresting or ticketing people.

·
Rider
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, that puts a damper on motorcycle riding. Bummer.

Reactions: hsierra59

·
Bronze member
3,345 Posts
Can only go out for certain services - groceries , pharmacy, medical services and to work at an essential job. Will not be enforced be arresting or ticketing people.
[/QUOTE]
can you leave San Diego and go to Eureka for groceries?

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
(political post removed):)
No, you cannot read post #2. In addition, see below:

Cali is shut down yes, but the Governor has listed what one can do. You can still ride a horse (see below) as long as you maintain social distance. Which to me, means, I can ride a steel horse.

"The shelter in place order allows residents to leave their homes only to perform “essential tasks” such as:

• Engaging in activities or perform tasks essential to health and safety, or to the health and safety of their family or household members, such as, obtaining medical supplies or medication, visiting a health care professional, or obtaining supplies they need to work from home.
  • Obtaining necessary services or supplies for themselves and their family or household members, or to deliver those services or supplies to others, such as food and other grocery and cleaning products.
  • Engaging in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with Social Distancing Requirements as defined, such as walking, hiking, biking, running or equestrian activities.
  • Performing work to provide essential products and services at essential businesses and government entities as well as other nonprofit organizations.
  • Caring for a family member or pet in another household.
  • Attending private gatherings of not more than six nonrelatives in a home or place of residence. Social distancing should be practiced at all times at such gatherings."

·
Founding member
1,132 Posts
Sorry @WillyH I don't see anything wrong with what you wrote, but others obviously do... Could someone please explain it to me?

·
Silver member
5,265 Posts
It's Corona, COVID-19, or 2019-nCoV, which just happens to originate from China, just like SARS did. Or are we calling HIV suddenly Africa Virus? And Ebola?

Don't call it China Virus please. You may not think it's racist, yet others do, or at least may think you're provoking. It's unnecessary to call it that. And it's not accurate either.

·
Registered
103 Posts
None of the name calling matters. California, Illinois and New York are or will soon be on some variation of a “national lockdown.” Over twenty percent of the U.S. and about 70 million people. The writing is on the wall for the rest of us. This Is now our virus affecting us, our families, friends, communities and country. We now have to deal with it and we now have to figure out how to fix it.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Fake news, there are recommendations and restrictions from county to County. I live in Orange County and there is no lock down. None essential businesses, bars, gyms are ordered closed. Restaurants can have take out orders, no dine in. Essential business like gas and grocery are open. Went out for about a 50 mile ride earlier and traffic was almost non existent.

·
Bronze member
2,161 Posts
No group rides, but I think by tomorrow morning I'm going have to make a grocery run from the coast of San Diego and ride inland about 50 miles to get my wife's favorite coffee beans. Essential travel.

Actually, while driving around a little today, overall it seems like the Gov's order may have reduced traffic around another 10-20% less on top of the 50% drop that already has taken place. The usual traffic jam places were non existent for a Friday.

Reactions: Lurch71

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Ya, I gotta ride 70 miles to Bass Pro Shops to pick up some ammo; essential travel.

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
EVERYONE - Received several complaints. Stop posting politically motivated, racist, bigoted, and name-calling responses. I've deleted numerous posts. If your post relates to RIDING an INDIAN in California, then fine. Otherwise please cease and disist. Not to do so will result in the thread being shut down.

·
Bronze member
2,788 Posts
It's Corona, COVID-19, or 2019-nCoV, which just happens to originate from China, just like SARS did. Or are we calling HIV suddenly Africa Virus? And Ebola?

Don't call it China Virus please. You may not think it's racist, yet others do, or at least may think you're provoking. It's unnecessary to call it that. And it's not accurate either.
It's completely accurate. It originated from China. We call it the Ebola Virus because of it's location. The Ebola River in the Congo. We call it the Marburg Virus because patient zero was in Marburg, Germany. Lyme disease from Lyme Connecticut. Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, from the Rocky Mtns. Ross River Fever..Ross River in Queensland, Zika Fever from Zika Forrest in Uganda, German Measles from..you guessed it..Germany.

In fact..Spanish Flu. West Nile Virus. Zika. & Ebola, Fujian, on & on are named after their origin & or patient zero occurrence.
International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses is responsible for naming viral species, WHO is responsible for naming the diseases caused by newly emerging viruses.
Patient zero was in China. It is a Chinese Virus.

Just trying to educate not start anything.

EDIT-I posted this before I saw your post Eskimo, again not trying to be political, just giving the origin name facts.

·
Bronze member
2,788 Posts
No group rides, but I think by tomorrow morning I'm going have to make a grocery run from the coast of San Diego and ride inland about 50 miles to get my wife's favorite coffee beans. Essential travel.

Actually, while driving around a little today, overall it seems like the Gov's order may have reduced traffic around another 10-20% less on top of the 50% drop that already has taken place. The usual traffic jam places were non existent for a Friday.
I work Construction in SD, & surprised to hear the Construction industry is considered an essential job here in Cali.
If you are on the coast, you gotta try BirdRock Coffee..good stuff

Reactions: Axxehead

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Local law enforcement isn’t going to enforce the order....... why? Because we don’t have the resources or time. Don’t feed into the panic. Stay calm, protect yourself and be safe. I’m in local law enforcement. We have contingency plans on how we are going to keep our community safe. So far, everyone is following the rules put in place.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts