Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 RM and like the OEM shifter but just got a new pair of Tecovas lizards. Is there a H/T shifter for Indian floorboards?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
714 Posts
Yes it just bolts to the existing OEM shifter. I agree with those that
C3FD65F8-C19C-49AF-9200-C55635D254A8.jpeg
recommend the Kuryakin shifter. I put the Indian peg on and it works great. The Kuryakin comes with two spacers to put on the new bolts for your LH floorboard-easy install.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I also like the Kuryakyn H/T shifter. I just added two matching shift pegs. The OEM shift peg was worn flat on one side anyway. Just make sure the peg you put on the heel shift is short enough so it doesn't interfere when you feet are down. I purchased two aeromach pegs, the shorter ones.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don’t understand why they don’t include a peg. Is there one available or is it optional?

·
Bronze member
4,113 Posts
I don’t understand why they don’t include a peg. Is there one available or is it optional?
A smaller peg for the Kuryakyn is preferable because the larger one sticks out and catches the leg and pants of many riders. Many guys get the pinnacle heal peg which is small and use that on the Kuryaky.

Marcus who is a member here and owns https://www.indianaftermarket.com has a kit and a way to make the factory heal shifter less intrusive to the floor boards.

·
Registered
2012 Indian Chief Vintage . 2016 Indian Roadmaster
620 Posts
I recently installed Pinnacle and wear size 12 Red Wing Engineer boots, plenty of room for foot on the floorboard. I found the toe shifter only cumbersome after years of riding heel toe shifters exclusively.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A smaller peg for the Kuryakyn is preferable because the larger one sticks out and catches the leg and pants of many riders. Many guys get the pinnacle heal peg which is small and use that on the Kuryaky.

Marcus who is a member here and owns https://www.indianaftermarket.com has a kit and a way to make the factory heal shifter less intrusive to the floor boards.

Thanks. Good site.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,112 Posts
I had the Aeromach shifter before. I didn't like how far back the shift pad was. The Kuryakyn shifter looks to sit back just as far. I have the OEM heel shifter now and it's a much better reach but it does take up some room on the floorboard. Indian Aftermarket has floorboard extenders that move it out to give you more room. I haven't tried it yet though. https://www.indianaftermarket.com/floorboard-spacers.html

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had the Aeromach shifter before. I didn't like how far back the shift pad was. The Kuryakyn shifter looks to sit back just as far. I have the OEM heel shifter now and it's a much better reach but it does take up some room on the floorboard. Indian Aftermarket has floorboard extenders that move it out to give you more room. I haven't tried it yet though. https://www.indianaftermarket.com/floorboard-spacers.html
Ya, I considered the reach. I’ll probably stick with what I got. I appreciate the info. 😉

·
Rider
620 Posts
I prefer the Kuryakyn.
The Kuryakyn is 100% better.

It goes down under the floorboard and sits behind it. You don't lose ANY room on the board that way. The stupid Indian one sits up in the floorboard space so you lose some moving around room. Really dumb design.

I guess the big difference too is what seat you have. The stock one sits you up further so reaching back might be less natural but a Corbin tends to sit you back quite a bit so it's almost effortless to use.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
They do sell a peg but it's not included with the lever. My guess is that they think people will want to choose one that matches their existing toe peg - and that selling two things is better than selling one thing.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts