Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AEROMACH is offerring a toe/heel shifter for the Scout for $159.00 Currently backordered. It appears to be well made. Comment if you have one. I was designing one for myself, but then discovered this one. However, I like my design better. I was going to make two components the bolt together and share the pivot shaft. This way both levers can be adjusted to the best height for each rider. The problem is that it cost money to do this. If I make 5 or 6 units the cost comes down a little. It would be water jet cut from 1/2" thick plate 6061 aluminum. The two pieces would stack on the pivot. The bolt holes for the shifting rod would have several positions. The edges would be rounded over. It would be sand blasted and powder coated black. I am not pushing too hard to do this. But if enough of you want a set let me know. I will figure an exact price. However, I might need to charge closer to $200 because it is custom. Again, the Aeromach unit is probably good. I just wonder if I might want to adjust the heel lever up or down. I have manufactured products my whole life, so I can deliver a quality product. I hope not enough want it and save me the trouble. Anyway, your thoughts are welcome.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,005 Posts
I have had the Aeromach heel shift for quite a while now and I highly recommend it.
It is a well thought out and quality made part and does the job quite well.
I used it with the OEM foot pegs until my Aeromach floor boards arrived and it worked equally well either way! The toe part of it has a much better curve to it than the OEM shift lever.
Extra length toe and heel pegs for even more ease of use!
I even changed out my brake lever peg out for their longer version too!
Great guys to work with.
Hard workers and they are very receptive to your input on an accessory.

·
Early joiner
213 Posts
I have had the Aeromach heel shift for quite a while now and I highly recommend it.
It is a well thought out and quality made part and does the job quite well.
I used it with the OEM foot pegs until my Aeromach floor boards arrived and it worked equally well either way! The toe part of it has a much better curve to it than the OEM shift lever.
Extra length toe and heel pegs for even more ease of use!
I even changed out my brake lever peg out for their longer version too!
Great guys to work with.
Hard workers and they are very receptive to your input on an accessory.
I'm just fitting mine, along with the Aeromach footboards, as we speak! Looking forward to testing them, as I've always had a liking for heel/toe shifters since working as a Postie on the little Post bikes (Honda 110s) when I was a student in West Australia, and also have a heel/toe shifter on my Triumph 1600 T/Bird - very nice bit of kit!
Thanks RB for telling me there which peg goes on the Brake side - I was a bit puzzled, but it's obviously the longer one - cheers mate - Pat

·
10,005 Posts
I'm just fitting mine, along with the Aeromach footboards, as we speak! Looking forward to testing them, as I've always had a liking for heel/toe shifters since working as a Postie on the little Post bikes (Honda 110s) when I was a student in West Australia, and also have a heel/toe shifter on my Triumph 1600 T/Bird - very nice bit of kit!
Thanks RB for telling me there which peg goes on the Brake side - I was a bit puzzled, but it's obviously the longer one - cheers mate - Pat
Actually the long peg goes on the toe part and the short one on the heel.
I ordered an extra long one for my brake lever so they would match.
Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
ditto

I suggested to them they send two longs and a short. Friend of mine rode down the other day for me to help him install his newly arrived set. They sure enough had sent him two longs and a short.

Good product. I like it.

They do scrape pretty easily. The floorboards are mounted about an inch lower than the peg, and then the back end of the boards slope down from there.

·
10,005 Posts
They do scrape pretty easily. The floorboards are mounted about an inch lower than the peg, and then the back end of the boards slope down from there.
I kind of like "dragging the boards" around curves.
Kind of gives me a hearing alert to my angles like my curb feelers back in the 50's. :p:D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Dr Pat
I also have the AeroMach Heel Toe Shifter and Rider Footboards
I'm very happy with both of them
Cheers
Gunner

·
Early joiner
213 Posts
Dr Pat
I also have the AeroMach Heel Toe Shifter and Rider Footboards
I'm very happy with both of them
Cheers
Gunner
oh excellent, good to hear some feedback on them, thanks Gunner, hope you're doing good in the capital
cheers Pat

·
Registered
241 Posts
Good info. I ordered mine today, supposed to be here Monday. I may order the floorboards later.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm also a fan of my Aeromach floorboards. They were an easy install and just feel very solid on the bike. The one inch drop was another positive factor and why I chose the Aero's over the Kuryakyns, as I was looking for more legroom.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
They also have one that is all black that matches the shifter pegs.
I don't think it is in the catalog.
They're waiting for them to come back from powdercoating. I ordered a couple of Kuryakyn shift pegs. They a bit shorter at 2-7/8" versus 3.25". I'll try plastidipping them. A cheaper alternative is ordering Drag Specialties soft ride pegs and swapping out the 5/16" bolt for a M8.
DRAG SPECIALTIES SOFT-RIDE FOOTPEGS AND SHIFTER PEGS

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
They also have one that is all black that matches the shifter pegs.
I don't think it is in the catalog.
Black ones are listed now Ronnie. That's how I ordered mine.
Alpal

1 - 20 of 62 Posts