Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI, you do not need to remove anything as suggested in the instructions that come with it. Simply add Loctite and reach behind the back of the stock shifter with the heel shifter in place and thread the bolts it comes with through the factory provided empty holes in the stock shifter. Super easy and mine fit and shifts fine w/o modifying the position of the stock shifter it bolts to even with the accessory chrome/rubber floorboards that are thicker.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Peter you are the second member to note this. I have just ordered my heel shifter this week and i appreciate the heads up! Make life easier ! Thanks!

·
Registered
731 Posts
I installed the heel shifter on my Vintage. Did not need to disassemble anything. Don't know why Indian says via installation instructions to do so. It's just not necessary.

·
Founding Member
680 Posts
Same here, no allen wrench provided with mine, but I had one that worked after filing about 1/8 of an inch off the short end to tighten the bottom screw-no disassembly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts