Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive ordered a scout I'm a bit concerned about the bike being big enough ,and the suspension handing the weight .im six foot tall 250lb or 115 kg any body got a scout and about the same size would like some feed back thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
So I'm 6'3 200lbs and honestly the stock seat setup didn't fit me that great. I ordered the forward controls and the extended reach seat and height wise it's a whole lot better. As the extra 50lbs, I don't see that being an issue, but I'm sure you'd want to tighten the shocks a little bit more than me.

As for the rest, I'm waiting for the spring to look into bars.

·
Founding member
1,068 Posts
I'm 6 foot 240. The bike fits me great I'm very happy. Have had no issues with the shocks bottoming out. Have been 280 miles. Riding moderately aggressively. I had the bike in with the service department checking the preload on the rear shocks for my weight as per the owners manual before I took delivery.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Ive ordered a scout I'm a bit concerned about the bike being big enough ,and the suspension handing the weight .im six foot tall 250lb or 115 kg any body got a scout and about the same size would like some feed back thanks
I'm 270 #'s and the bike handles me quite well. Very satisfied with the suspension too!

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
I"m 6'2" and weigh in @ 250, my wife said I reminded her of those Shriners who rode mini bikes in parades. Honestly didn't fit me well at all.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Darren, I'm 6 foot and 220 and I think the bike is perfect for me. Nice room and size. I really don't think the extra 30 pounds is going to make a difference.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I"m 6'2" and weigh in @ 250, my wife said I reminded her of those Shriners who rode mini bikes in parades. Honestly didn't fit me well at all.
I'm 5'10" and at 190lbs, I feel it is good on me. Compared to other cruisers, it is a small bike, almost toy like. I could understand that someone your size would look huge on it.

Oh and I like Shriners :D

My .02

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Curious about your experiences. How a bike feels (small v big) doesn't seem to correlate to the size of the bike or the rider except in the extremes. The Scout feels perfect to little me. But I also have a very tall bike with a high center of gravity, a BMW GS and it also feels good. The Ducati, lighter, short wheelbase, tallish feels big to me. My husband (5'7" fireplug) feels the Scout is small for him and ordered a Chief. But he loves the Triumph which is smaller.

If this is true, bigger riders should ride it, regardless of the written specs. It might feel perfect.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Ok.. It's been since last August since I rode a Scout and it will probably be March before I ride mine. I'm noticing every Scout I sit on tops out with a noticeable clunk when I get up. Many journalist reviews mention the topping out of the rear shock. I can't recall this issue last August while riding? That said, is it a issue with the rear shock quality (poor rebound damping), the cantilever positioning of the shock, or a combo of both? Don't really want to spend $350-$450 on shocks to realize the shock positioning is playing a bigger part than rebound damping quality, but I think it might be???

Reactions: Darren guy

·
Registered
430 Posts
How a bike feels (small v big) doesn't seem to correlate to the size of the bike or the rider except in the extremes. The Scout feels perfect to little me.
If this is true, bigger riders should ride it, regardless of the written specs. It might feel perfect.
There is no correlation to those, we can only describe by our experiences. My latest was going from 420lb sportbikes to 900lb baggers to now the Scout. It now feels like a toy compared to my Harleys.

Overall I have to agree, it might feel perfect.

·
Early joiner
77 Posts
So I'm 6'3 200lbs and honestly the stock seat setup didn't fit me that great. I ordered the forward controls and the extended reach seat and height wise it's a whole lot better. As the extra 50lbs, I don't see that being an issue, but I'm sure you'd want to tighten the shocks a little bit more than me.

As for the rest, I'm waiting for the spring to look into bars.

Is the extended seat more comfortable than the stock seat? I was able to put on a 100 miles in one ride before it got too cold here in PA. I see the extended reach seat is advertised to be more comforable and suited for longer rides. Thanks

·
Registered
272 Posts
you want it sugar coated???
try some place else.
it is what it is,,,,,you are you

unless your planing on shrinking in height and weight ....forget it.

5'10 ...180 lbs nay kid.........i feel like a monkey f#cking a football riding this thing.
can't imagine being your size,,,,,
that's why Indian makes the Chieftain !
biggest "problem " with the scout ..is the ridiculous low seat height [25"] which gets even lower once you sit your ass down,,,,
and folks wonder why the foot pegs are way up to the front?????
they HAVE to be !,,,,or your knee caps would be in your face
it IS a little motorcycle.......but i still like it

·
Registered
272 Posts
There is no correlation to those, we can only describe by our experiences. My latest was going from 420lb sportbikes to 900lb baggers to now the Scout. It now feels like a toy compared to my Harleys.

Overall I have to agree, it might feel perfect.
HEY !!!!!!!
Next time you want to use a picture of ME,,,, get my PERMISSION !!!!!!

:) [sarcasm]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts