Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my local dealer install grip heaters and controller last fall, it was a gift from my wife, and i never really used them until today, it was in the upper 55’s to 61ish and i thought let’s warm my fingers some, turned them on and rode for awhile then noticed they were off. Turned them back on to like 6 and shortly they were off again, turned them back on and started watching and they would turn off after o few minutes, is this normal ,is there a built in timer? A 2017 Chieftain. Any answers would be good, i am scheduled into the dealer in like a week for some other work.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had the heated grips installed on my 2018 limited last fall and they don't turn off until I turn them off, maybe a problem with the switch? Good news is that they are under warranty for a year...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,667 Posts
My RM heated grips work like this...once you turn them on and choose a setting (1-10 I believe), they stay on until you cut them off. Even after cutting the bike off...when I restart it, the heated grips come back on at the last setting selected.

·
Bronze member
2,237 Posts
Have the dealer look at it, doesn't sound right.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
It sounds like there is a short somewhere in one of the grips that is causing it to cut off after reaching a certain temperature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts