Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a heated seat from a friend with 2017 Indian Scout. I was told that the seat would fit and the power cord was under the seat. For the life of me, I cannot locate the large blue plug under the seat on the bike. There is only a small plug with black and white wires. No where near the size of the seat plug, Does anybody know where the plug may be stuck. I have been assured that the 2020 has the same heated seat plug. below is a pick under my seat. Any help/pointers would be appriciated. Thanks

·
Rider
1,209 Posts
Can you show us a picture of the seat with the plug?

I'm really confused as to what a 2017 Scout has anything to do with this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you show us a picture of the seat with the plug?

I'm really confused as to what a 2017 Scout has anything to do with this.
The seat was originally bought for that bike. I was wondering if they all fit one another like i was told. Here is a pic of the plug I am looking for on the bike. The seat has been mounted to the bike already.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The seat was originally bought for that bike. I was wondering if they all fit one another like i was told. Here is a pic of the plug I am looking for on the bike. The seat has been mounted to the bike already.
Scouts use a totally different seat, both the pics you've posted are in the chief line of bikes, so not sure how a seat bought for a scout plays into this.

As for the heated seat plug on the bike, it's possible they changed the plug for 2020 or that its buried and taped into the harness, seems indian likes doing both these things, they changed the plug under the nacelle(headlight cover on vintages and springfields) for 2019. I had a tough time finding it on my new 2019 vintage as it was taped inside the harness completely, but it looks like the exact same plug as the small one in your first pic that you mention. But under the seat my 2019 still has the same heated seat plug, although the wires for it were much shorter than my 2018 and it was tucked and taped into the harness pretty good so took me a min to find it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I purchased a heated seat from a friend with 2017 Indian Scout. I was told that the seat would fit and the power cord was under the seat. For the life of me, I cannot locate the large blue plug under the seat on the bike. There is only a small plug with black and white wires.
Just to clarify, the heated seat plug is the one with the green rubber seal, not the blue connector. That blue connector was changed on my 2019 as well to a square black connector, but the connector with the green weatherseal bit was the same on my 2019 as on my 2018, just with shorter wires and taped into the harness hidden, and that's what plugs into my heated seat. The wires going to your small black connector in your first pic look to be the same wires going to the green plug in your second pic, so maybe the connector was changed for some reason.

·
Bronze member
2,985 Posts
When I bought my 18 SDH,I did the an service inspection on it as soon as I got it home from the dealership to correct anything that the dealership may have missed when they assembled the bike.And like every vehicle I have ever purchased,whether it be a car,a truck ,or a motorcycle,new or used,I ALWAYS found things WRONG, things that they had "infact" MISSED.So naturally,I corrected these things BEFORE putting em into service.So while I had the seat off to check the battery and its' connections,which,BTW, were NOT TIGHT,I added two,male/female accessory connector plugs for future use.One of em I used was for alittle gizmo I bought on line which has two USB ports on it and both are used,one for my Ipod,and second one for my GPS unit.The second connector plug I added was for my Gerbing Lectric clothing [gloves,jacket liner,pants,socks,and a thermostat to control the heat levels] for cold weather riding,but only need that plug during the late fall,winter,and early spring months,if it happens to be cold.[sometimes I luck out and those temps are mild,but not very often] In other words,I try to cover all the bases which I have learned to do over the years.So there's something all of you might wanna consider doing when you get your new bike home,whether it be new or used,and believe me,you'll be glad ya did!! Dumb as a door bell, Dave!!! ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
You have to buy the harness adapter thingie. It plugs into the big multi-pin receptacle then the seat's plug goes into the other end of the adapter. So the big multi-pin IS where the seat plugs in. You just have to have the adapter that goes between the seat's plug and the multi-pin. I found all this out the hard way when I bought the extended reach heated seat for my 2020 Chieftain. I thought I could just plug it in. Even the instruction sheet included with the seat was a little vague about it. To top it off, when I searched for the needed part on the Indian website it wasn't listed at all. Turns out they had run out of them and the part was in production again. I just received my adapter harness and finally got my seat plugged in today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts