Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2019 chieftain classic with a black seat. Already had an older model tan heated seat. Indian changed the heated seat plug on their wiring harness in 2019 and the older seat will not plug in to the harness. Does anyone know if there is an adaptor available? Thanks.

·
Bronze member
1,159 Posts
my 17 had a recall for that plug, perhaps could get done at dealer? might be included in that recall, possibly give or sell you the plug?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a 2019 chieftain classic with a black seat. Already had an older model tan heated seat. Indian changed the heated seat plug on their wiring harness in 2019 and the older seat will not plug in to the harness. Does anyone know if there is an adaptor available? Thanks.
Did you ever find anything. I just got a custom made Corbin seat and it has the old style plug.

·
Registered
143 Posts
My 2019 still has the heated seat plug, but it was tucked down beside the battery and the wires are a lot shorter than they were on my 2018.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just put the Indian extended reach heated seat on my 2020 Chieftain, replacing the stock Rogue non-heated seat. When I installed the new seat I saw there was no place to plug in the 2-conductor plug for the heat. Looking back carefully at the instruction sheet I saw where they barely mentioned an adapter harness thingie that would be required to plug in for the heat. It's part #2415036. They recently weren't even listed on the Indian website. I was told that was because Indian had run out of them and they were in production again. So I ordered one of these harness adapters through my dealer and, just today, got my seat re-installed with the heat wire plugged in. One end of this adapter harness plugs into the big multi-pin connector (shown in B Joker Card's first photo above. The other end of the adapter is what you plug the 2-conductor wire from the seat into. BTW, that plug in his second photo looks like it would accept the heat wire's plug. But I didn't have one of those on my bike. I needed the adapter.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I took out everything under my seat and still could not find the plug.
Dealer says its a 2 minute job. Psssss. Whatever.
So your saying the 16 pin connector is the one i need?
Thanks a lot

·
Registered
65 Posts
Here's a screenshot from the instruction sheet that comes with the heated seat. The thing marked as A - B is what you need. It is part #2415036 but you may only be able to get it by ordering through your Indian dealer.
1603642883633.png

·
Registered
65 Posts
Right. With the adapter. The adapter uses a 16-pin plug on one end, but with only two pins wired. The other end of the adapter has a 2-conductor receptacle for the seat to plug into.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts