Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own 2017 Springfield. I recently drove Indian RM, and I was surprised how nimble that was. For me it felt like the seat was higher and more towards the handle bars. I’ve understood that police officers use a high seat in their Harleys to get better handling. I’m wondering if the Springfield stock seat is a bit too low as tight cornering is a bit challenging and it felt easier to ride RM than Springfield.

Has anyone tried both, the stock and the heated RM touring seat? Are there big differences on a Springfield?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I put a Saddleman Step up on my 19 and it’s a bit taller than stock. I don’t know that it made it more nimble, but I definitely feel more secure in the saddle and can make it dance way more since I’m not worrying about my ass sliding around.

·
Read Only
416 Posts
I did replace the stock, non heated seat from my '18 Chieftain limited with a heated seat from a Roadmaster. The Roadmaster seat does lift you up a bit (maybe an inch or so) but much more room to move around for rider and passenger. I think it's much more comfortable than the stock Chieftain even though that wasn't a bad seat for stock. Mainly the new RM seat is for my wife to have the heated option. I used it once coming into work on a mid 20 degree morning ride to work and it does a good job. I'm 5' 6" with a 30" inseam and have no issues touching the ground flat footed with the new seat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts