Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
I'm only a week away from picking up my new Chieftain, just waiting on some accessories turning up. I can't find any information on the final layout of the heated grips, does anyone know if the temp controller is within the grip or fitted separately?
Thanks in advance and ride safe
JH

·
Registered
12 Posts
On your tank there is a black toggle switch that you use to unlock/lock your saddle bags. If you look to the left of that switch there is a knock-out for another switch. You heated grips will add the same style of toogle switch that is used for the saddle bags lock/unlock (matching switches) into that knock- out. Part of the heated grip installation.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It has 10 steps, it also remembers your last setting, when you restart your bike the grips are on at the last setting you had.
To turn them off you have to run them down to 0. dealer told me it took about 1.5 hours to install which sounded about right to me.
They work really well on my Chieftain but I have bikemaster handle bar covers also, have a couple of messed up fingers so gloves are a problem for me.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys, thanks for the help on this one, it's much appreciated. I'll be delighted if this is the final solution as it's nice and tidy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts