Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rider
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to keep things clean, I'm curious if there's any heated grips out there that works with the Indian harness? I'd like the functionality of the switch on my little dash and showing up on my screen but their pricing on their set is absolutely retarded.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
The Indian harness is wired like so: 4-wire harness that runs from the grip to the main harness, plugs in at the grip and behind the headlight, one per grip. The main harness runs to the switch on the console, and to the VCU which relays the data regarding the selections to the display. If you have the harness already installed, and the switch already installed, then all you would really need is the connector and pins to attach to the aftermarket grips to be able to plug into the harness. If your bike is not already wired through the bars for heated grips, then you could probably get away with wunning the wires for the aftermarket grips through the bars and to the connectors behind the headlight, and attaching the connector there. I'd have to check the wiring diagram to be sure, but I think the wires are power, ground, switch up, and switch down.

Now, the question remains as to whether or not the aftermarket grips would work with the Indian hardware and software, even if you wired it directly.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,472 Posts
I wish they would release wrap style grips that would connect in. Then they can be removed when you don't need them.

·
Rider
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That would be nice. I wish I had enough spare money to try and see if a harness would work with another brand.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just to keep things clean, I'm curious if there's any heated grips out there that works with the Indian harness? I'd like the functionality of the switch on my little dash and showing up on my screen but their pricing on their set is absolutely retarded.
I paid the price , and have no problems.
300.00 was a bit, but when I need them they are there and work as expected

·
Rider
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I paid the price , and have no problems.
300.00 was a bit, but when I need them they are there and work as expected
Kind of to the point I'm getting. I can handle the cold on my body but damn the hands are the woooooorst when they're cold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts