Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened to me several times yesterday, and the problem became worse and worse throughout the day to the point they would no longer work at all.
Has anyone else had this happen and could you describe what you found if you had success fixing it. Wire harness, the switch itself, a thermal sensor that just wears out and causes an over load that shuts the circuit down.
Would like to minimize how much i need to tear into it. The service manual tell jack squat on this, but I do have schematics. My guess is a thermal sensor or wire harness plug issue. The bike is a 2017 with 37K miles on it. Live in North Western WA and use the heat a lot, probably 9 months out of the year.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found wire harness was nicked when it was installed and it was shorting to the bars. I repaired wire harness myself and put back together and they work again.
Now my Oil Pump went out and bike seized up yesterday.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been posting updates on a different thread. Thunderstroke 111 failure. Found out it was compensation sprocket that broke and it is what took out oil pump. Dealer is working with Indian to see what they can do for me. Bike was fully maintained by dealer for every service required. Good records and multi bike customer. Hoping the love is returned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts