Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have the Indian heated grips on my Springfield. Now that it's very cold here in Switzerland I just see that the last setting for the heated grips is lost after a few hours. If I start my bike between 1 and 4 hours after I used the heated grips, last setting is remembered. But if I start my bike about 8-12 hours later, setting is again 0.
Anyone has seen this problem?
Thanks, Claude

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,906 Posts
Actually I wish mine would go back to zero because I routinely forget to zero it out and the next time I ride it might be in the 50's here. Suddenly I've got hot hands as a reminder of the last right in temps below 40. So nope, I don't have your issue. I have a 2016 Roadmaster though and maybe they've changed things.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I wish mine would go back to zero because I routinely forget to zero it out and the next time I ride it might be in the 50's here. Suddenly I've got hot hands as a reminder of the last right in temps below 40. So nope, I don't have your issue. I have a 2016 Roadmaster though and maybe they've changed things.
Thanks ndncowboy,
The Springfield manual says about heated grips "It has 10 steps, it also remembers your last setting, when you restart your bike the grips are on at the last setting you had."
So should always have the last setting, but I agree that always back to zero would also be another solution.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
Easy fix.
Set it each time you start it.

That's what we have to deal with when everything is electronic.

I use them and it's nice to have them. That being said, riding was much simpler when we didn't have all the computers controlling everything.

·
Registered
93 Posts
check the connections inside the handlebars where they plug in to make sure that they have a good connection.I have found some of them are not always connected properly and will work intermitantlly.Also have you had the bike in for all of the re-flashes?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I think that is it should be, a break of less than 4 hours, is only a break of a long ride. If the break is longer than 4 hours, it might be a new ride.

·
Registered
554 Posts
After a 190 mile run at 35 degrees Saturday, I'm strongly considering the heated grips. But want to check out some battery power heated gloves first. What do the grips run installed?

I have thrown a heated Roadmaster seat on the Vintage, that certainly helped! With warm hands AND a warm butt pretty sure I could have gone another 200 miles.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Hi all,
I have the Indian heated grips on my Springfield. Now that it's very cold here in Switzerland I just see that the last setting for the heated grips is lost after a few hours. If I start my bike between 1 and 4 hours after I used the heated grips, last setting is remembered. But if I start my bike about 8-12 hours later, setting is again 0.
Anyone has seen this problem?
Thanks, Claude
Not on my rm 2015

1 - 9 of 9 Posts