Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find the heated grips connector. I've looked into both sides where the fuses are and the SAE connector is, but it just eludes me.

On a similar vein, I'm curious to know where the diagnostics connector is.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Heated grip connector is tied up in steering stem area and diagnostic is under rt side airbox(tank) cover forward of fuse box.Go to the FTR section and there are topics on both with pictures.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heated grip connector is tied up in steering stem area and diagnostic is under rt side airbox(tank) cover forward of fuse box.Go to the FTR section and there are topics on both with pictures.
My eyes must just be painted on. I can't find any loose connector in the steering stem area. Is it actually forward or behind the steering head?

·
Registered
332 Posts
From what I recall it is tied into the harness with a cap on it.It is a small connector with approx 22AWG wires same type as used on the rear turn signals.Believe on rt side of stem.

·
Rider
1,190 Posts
Nah, you don't need heated grips...just stick your hands by the radiator...plenty of heat...lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally found it. A tiny connector in front of the steering head and taped on to a loom leading to the dashboard. I had to remove the headlight and brackets before I could get access to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts