Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI because I was unsure of how the heated grips would show what setting, I couldn’t find a clear answer. So when I installed new bars and added heated grips. 2017 Chieftain limited. No programming necessary, upon plugging everything in and at start up the Ride command automatically added it to the display, looks like this:
3D064069-2CE1-4D5E-83E4-EC0213F6A19D.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And.. not sure why I can’t get photos to upload straight? iPhone 11... Took less time to put on my bars.

·
Rider
531 Posts
Hey that’s good to know just got a 19 chieftain limited and plan on adding the heated grips at the end of the summer that’s cool that it automatically updates the ride command,
as for your iPhone pictures probably because you sent it as a large photo so It esized it sideways.. if that makes sense..

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Hey that’s good to know just got a 19 chieftain limited and plan on adding the heated grips at the end of the summer that’s cool that it automatically updates the ride command,
as for your iPhone pictures probably because you sent it as a large photo so It esized it sideways.. if that makes sense..
The heated grips are plug and play for Ride Command integration. The wiring and software is already there on the bike harness end.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Awesome are they Indian heated grips? Link to buy them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can get them on Cheap Cycle Parts, but if your bike did not come with heated grips, you may also have to buy the harness for each side. Easy way to check is to see if there is an unused, 4-pin square connector on each side, behind your headlight.

If you have to install the harness, it is fairly easy. You can use a length of safety wire to fish a length of 500 cord (or something similar) through the bars, then tie the cord to the harness and pull it through.

Reactions: pohlease

·
Registered
565 Posts
I'm going to jump in. I'm assuming that all the grips across the line are "standard' for the Tour bikes? So I just went to the Roadmaster (since I couldn't find any heated grip listing on the Chieftain part of the website) on CheapCycleParts.com

#9 and #10 on the above link should be all you need (provided you have the harness) but I thought there was also a toggle switch that goes on the tank as well for the grips?

You can get them on Cheap Cycle Parts,

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I'm going to jump in. I'm assuming that all the grips across the line are "standard' for the Tour bikes? So I just went to the Roadmaster (since I couldn't find any heated grip listing on the Chieftain part of the website) on CheapCycleParts.com

#9 and #10 on the above link should be all you need (provided you have the harness) but I thought there was also a toggle switch that goes on the tank as well for the grips?
You are correct, you would need the switch.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered kit 2882424 for my 2017 chieftain, from cheap cycle parts. It was about $266. It came with everything needed, grips, harness for bars(if needed)and two switches(covers multiple years)

·
Registered
565 Posts
How'd you search (or find) a "kit" on that website? Maybe I am STILL doing something wrong there every time I go to it lol

I ordered kit 2882424 for my 2017 chieftain, from cheap cycle parts. It was about $266. It came with everything needed, grips, harness for bars(if needed)and two switches(covers multiple years)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The website is a bit confusing, instead of entering your bike info on the home page. Click the website breakdown on the upper left from the home screen and select “OEM accessories”, then click on your bike info. Then it will give you categories to choose with accessories instead of parts breakdowns.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Thanks. They must have raised the prices then. You mentioned you got the kit for $266. I was finally able to figure out how to search by PN# - your part # now returns a price of over $300.00

TIL how to use Cheapcycleparts.com correctly. lol Thanks.

The website is a bit confusing<SNIP>

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
With them you have to put the part in your cart and it should reduce the price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts