Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys: Im looking to install heated grips on my 2019 chieftain Dark Horse.
Any places selling the kit? Grips and switch together. I just see grips for $300 and a switch for $300 sold separately.
Thanks a lot.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
When I put the Indian grips on my 2018 Springfield they came complete with the switch. I don't know where the Chieftain switch is placed but the Springfield is on the speedo nacelle.

$300 for a switch sounds crazy, it must be a mistake on somebody's pricing database.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Naa. Its the same on all the sites I've looked.
Ebay. Amazon. Few others too.
Looks like $600 for grips heated

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Here is the Indian accessories page for grips that suit both your bike and mine - same switch (included) but in different positions.

Here's the fitting instruction PDF.

Your switch replaces a blanking plate below the left hand storage compartment of the fairing - see page 14.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Naa. Its the same on all the sites I've looked.
Ebay. Amazon. Few others too.
Looks like $600 for grips heated
I thought the same as you before when looking at heated grips, but if you look at most of the descriptions(eBay, Amazon, etc) a few do say the switch is included with the grips. Other ones don’t say specifically though some of the Amazon ones the reviews say it does include switch. So it should only cost $300 total, not $300 for the switch alone.

Here’s one on eBay that definitely says the switch is included in its description

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stopped in @ my local dealer n picked up a pair of heated grips then installed them in about an hour.
Wires were right there. Easy peasy.
They work awesome.

Attachments

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Nice work, glad to have been able to help you sort out the price problem.

I see your switch is in the same place as my Springfield, yet the instruction pdf shows your bike having it on the fairing. The Indian parts data base does it again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts